The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Not a book reader, thought S1 had some highs and was generally ok but not great. I think S2 is one of the best fantasy seasons I’ve seen, while Rand is a little wooden, the other actors are very good, including a bunch of new ones, and the dialogue tends to be sharper, I’m finding I’m interested in all characters/plot lines atm except for Perrin. It looks fantastic too, and I’m a fan of the haunting chanty bits of the soundtrack too.

1 Like

Thanks smrk and viridian, sounds like it’s worth it to keep watching!

1 Like

How many eps are you in?

S1E4

Definitely not GOOD good. Imo the story is so broken and disjointed and the storytelling poor that it will never be good.

1 Like

I’ve wondered what it would be like for someone not acquainted with the books.

2 Likes

What the. An Emma Stone and Nathan Fielder show dropping in six weeks? What did I do to deserve something this wonderful? This is the most exciting show announcement I can remember.

4 Likes

It looks… exceptionally strange. Trying to gauge whether to get Showtime at the drop and pay for three months to watch in real time, or get a subscription 10 weeks after it airs and pay for one month and binge it all at once.

The answer is always real time.

It only seems as strange to me as I expect Nathan Fielder projects to be. The Rehearsal is one of the weirdest shows I’ve ever seen.

Made by same person who made The Rehearsal is all you had to say :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

Yeah I’m in for that :vince2:

1 Like
3 Likes

Just began the final final season of Sopranos. Never been so simultaneously sad and relieved to be reaching the end of a show.

5 Likes

It’s a journey….i got sad on my rewatch in season six.

LFG

I enjoyed watching it back in the '80s.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, ive been wanting to watch this

1 Like

Hopefully Disney puts up Sports Night, another show that hasnt ever streamed (I think music CR might be the big issue with thia show, but if they were able to pull off streaming The Wonder Years, they can pull off Sports Night)

1 Like

I watched ep1 and it is very good :+1:

But it turns out only ep1 is free :sob:

1 Like

Watched first two episodes of Wheel of Time season two. This is that Good Shit. Would recommend this to anyone with that fantasy itch.

I tried season one when it first came out but thought it was so bad I skipped to season two.

For context, I loved the first four books as a kid but gave up during book five when I could see this Jordan guy was not going to finish the series anytime soon and would be spinning his wheels until then (TL : DR).

2 Likes