The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

That’s basically what I’m trying to say. I’ll never be able to unsee Ross, however great David’s performance may be.

1 Like

Fair enough but he was definitely not timid shy goofy Ross in Band of Brothers, if you haven’t seen that. You will hate him I promise! (And Not for his acting necessarily )

BoB is high on the list of next things to watch based on the street buzz here, and I had no idea Ross was even in it.

1 Like

He’s not a main character in BoB, only in a couple episodes iirc

Lol how bad could they be :popcorn:

Fun little poker player cameo on Billions this week. Slightly triggering for me because Selbst once tried to move in on the girl I was also trying to date, but an amusing reminder that the writers like a gamble.

4 Likes

Correct, his character Sobel trains the paratroopers and I think that goes through episode 2. We see him again briefly later in the series, though, in an uncomfortable interaction with Winters.

Both are great imo but I imagine I am one of the few who enjoyed The Pacific more than BoB.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Gotta think Drew Barrymore is extra frustrated to find out that she could have just waited another week and not shown her ass last week.

5 Likes

Same thought

4 Likes

It was just added to the States! The Terror is now available on Prime, Shudder, and AMC.

2 Likes

Whoop whoop! Hope that goes high up on your backlog!

1 Like

I’ve read like the first seven books [of the wheel of time] probably 20+ years ago, so can’t remember much.

That’s neither here nor there really, but I’ve watched the first four episodes based on the fact that season 2 got better reviews than season 1 but…

I find the acting pretty bad (particularly Rand and Perrin). The script feels stilted and unnatural much of the time. It’s like a shadow of a good fantasy show, with the basics in place (a hero will emerge! The protagonists barely escape with their lives - several times!) but not much beyond that.

Did you ever get to s2? Anyone else? I’m about to give up and looking for guidance if it ever measurably improves.

1 Like

I’ve got it up to watch next :+1:

Is this a show you think I’ll know pretty fast if I’m into it or should I sit back for a few? I don’t mind waiting a few episodes if I know it takes a minute to warm up.

It does take some episodes to warm up, but I think you’ll know by ep 3.

2 Likes

I just decided to give season 2 a shot last night. Only watched an episode, but it’s marked better than the first season imo from production/acting standpoiny

2 Likes

Good like GOOD or good like Revenge of the Sith being good can’t be separated from the feeling of relief after the lead-in of Attack of the Clones :face_with_monocle:

1 Like