The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Nice I had started Gangs of London on some other service but they started charging money per episode so I stopped.

What?

With Boyd out of jail, I seriously doubt Raylan’s story is resolved. He has to deal with Boyd in some way, doesn’t he? The resolved it for about 5 min and then completely unresolved it.

I don’t get the vibe that there will be another season, and I still think the conclusion works just fine in that instance. The events of the finale do leave the possibility open but not in a cliffhanger type of way imo.

Other Justified thoughts:

It was OK, but a lot of things I didn’t like.

1. The whole Raylan/Carolyn relationship seemed really forced.

2. Raylan’s daughter is annoying AF.

3. I would have prefered that Raylan outdrew Clement in a gunfight instead of how it went down.

4. So many dumb decisions by everyone. Too numerous to count, but just in the finale:

Albanians not just killing Clement. Why not at least smash his legs the same way before you throw him in.

Albanian telling Skender where Clement was.

Skender going back alone on crutches.

Carolyn going back to her place when she knows Clement is going to be there.

Despite above I was entertained. Too plot committed and must watch all things Raylan Givens no matter what they pump out.

2 Likes

Agree with all of that

underlined

https://twitter.com/cassamlooch/status/1697975746680041930?s=20

2 Likes

Looks like another 14 months to Arcane S2

https://collider.com/arcane-season-2-release-window/

Curious if the strikes will affect this at all or if all of the acting is in the can and they are just working on visuals now.

1 Like

God damnit that’s forever

1 Like

Hat tip to Jason Segel for an excellent performance as Paul Westhead on Winning Time. Been fun watching him play a role that wasn’t primarily comedic.

4 Likes

He has been doing some really good non-comedic stuff lately. He was awesome as David Foster Wallace in the End of the Tour.

1 Like

agree totally, especially the last two episodes he really killed it. I am also finally starting to get used to Brody’s Pat Riley

We finally finished S3 of Gemstones. I don’t know if McBride is done with the series but I am pretty sure I am. meh

Yeah, they’re out of ideas.

I mean kidnapping? Literally the same shit from S1? Why even bother?

I’m gonna miss Baby Billy, though. He cracks me up way more than he should.

1 Like

Goggins is a fantastic comedic actor and was criminally underused in S3, and when they did use him it was dumb. I thought he was funny in Vice Principals too

Yeah I bailed before I got to s3. Just stopped caring about what happens

1 Like

That sucks to hear because I thought S2 was top tier

Wheel of Time season 2 fucks. Maybe/probably not hard enough for fastidious miserable book readers, but almost all of the characters are in interesting places/situations, the actors are solid, the dialogue has a good bite, it’s top notch visually, at the end of ep 2 you get some badass invaders from across the ocean and they look cool af. I would still say it’s closer in tone and spirit to the meh-ish rings of power than to game of thrones, but this is a lot better than rings of power. I’d say if you’re unfamiliar with the franchise and didn’t watch season 1 (which was pretty good but not this good), idk you’d be a little lost here going in cold, but yeah anyway, 4.5/5 bags.

3 Likes