The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

For those interested, this and a number of AMC+ shows is coming to Max from Sep 1 to Oct 31. I plan to watch it then.

3 Likes

See my post above.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Thatā€™s two full seasons to binge.

I havenā€™t seen Dark Winds, but it sounds similar to Longmire. I enjoyed the first few seasons of that before it went off the rails when Netflix took over.

1 Like

As much as people will understandably remember the climax of the ā€œFishesā€ episode of The Bear the most, the part Iā€™ll actually keep rewatching is this throwaway comedy scene between John Mulaney and the Fak brothers.

4 Likes

Finished up S1 of The Shield. Really good season of TV. They did finally cause me to somewhat adopt the POV sympathy for Vic Mackey at the end by brute-forcing another character into being an even bigger piece of shit, but I think thatā€™s probably temporary? It is interesting to watch so many people operate as tweeners. The show still operates in a very unique space.

The two situations arenā€™t exactly the same, but creating a plot where Vic was potentially getting framed for something that he has definitely recently done reminded me of Elaineā€™s righteous indignation about being held accountable for the lost fur coat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4fRzMkP-xE

1 Like

Where is The Shield streaming? I couldnā€™t find it the last time I looked.

Hulu. Definitely recommend consulting JustWatch (either the website or the app) if you think you might not be able to find something youā€™re looking for.

1 Like

Among the features the company will try out are ways of alerting Max viewers to breaking news while they are watching something else on the service, whether it be an HBO series, a Turner Classic Movies selection or an old episode of Food Networkā€™s ā€œDiners, Drive-Ins and Dives.ā€

pepe glasses 80px

2 Likes

Itā€™s good to know that Topher Graceā€™s character from In Good Company is running the show there now.

Donā€™t you dare do that max. I want to be oblivious watching reality tv when it all ends, not fumbling to put on cnn max.

2 Likes

The 14th and final season of Archer has begun. The show has gone back to the original concept of a dysfunctional spy agency while finding a way to mix things up in a way that feels refreshing.

2 Likes

FYI Max has some AMC+ stuff now, including Dark Winds which Risky mentioned upthread

1 Like

About time for a Mad Men rewatch.

3 Likes

Wish they had a bit more, though I understand BB and BCS have Netflix contracts to get through

Impossible to evoke how good it is.

Does it have anything resembling the plot of Game of Thrones? No, but it does satisfy the way I wished those later seasons had.

Finished the new season of Justified and I loved it. The Detroit story line was definitely weak at times, including the ending, but the overall resolution to Raylan Givens and Justified as a series was really satisfying for me.

Ran into a worse scene in The Newsroom than the plane scene.

Don arguing that creating a website putting college rapists on blast will cost innocent people things like scholorships and job opportunities is just complete WTFBBQ levels. There are two other segments around this stotyline but this covers the gist.

1 Like