The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Every awful thing you’ve heard about the dropoff between S1 and S2 is correct.Every bad thing you’ve heard is understated.

Nope, its bad for sure but not worse the PB2

I think I would also have more grace for “turn over the whole cast and it doesn’t work” than I do for “return the whole cast and go into full-on freefall.”

True Detective season 2 unfortunately had to follow up what might be the most elite season of television ever. It could never live up to season 1 but I think s2 is actually pretty good and gets too much hate.

3 Likes

Season 3? Iyo

I liked it just fine, didn’t love it. Haven’t watched since it aired though. Maybe I should give it another go.

2 Likes

The damnedest about Prison Break Season 2 is back in the day I actually enjoyed it until the final scene. But putting the gang back in prison was just such a slap to the viewer I never watched another episode.

2 Likes

Not half as big a slap as them successfully breaking out in the first place lol and then continuing the show for SEVERAL seasons. I was promised a gritty limited series adaptation of Shawshank!! And I got that for like thirteen solid episodes until the show was so popular Fox did what Fox does and killed a good thing by letting it live until it died.

Well yeah we are on the same page here. Season 1 should have been breakout, season 2 solve conspiracy. Absolutely no season 3. That was a 2 season show thats legacy got destroyed by forcing it more than 2.

1 Like

Season 5 of Friends might be a perfect television season.

1 Like

These are the kind of easter eggs I live to discover.

Finishing a piece on the AMAZING Western mini-series The English starring Emily Blunt.

The creator of the mini series is Hugo Blick. He started his career as an actor. One of his early roles was the young Joker in Tim Burton’s Batman (1989).

4 Likes

Oh THAT’S why Emily Blunt said, “let’s put a smile on that face” before slicing her enemies’ cheeks open

5 Likes

No worries, the last two seasons are not worth watching anyway.

1 Like

Totally agree! I actually greatly enjoyed Prison Break Season 2 and believe the show’s best ending would have been at the end of season two.

Season 1 ends with them running across the field away from prison. It can’t end there; it is unresolved. If it ends there, I just assume that they are all captured.

In a Season 2 series finale, it can end with the happy ending, all the bad criminals are caught and the brothers escape on the sail boat, or the depressing ending, everyone is caught and shipped back to America.

Instead as everyone has stated, continuing the show, ends season two with the stupidest ending, everyone is shipped to a mexican prison so that they can poorly remake season one.

That The Peripheral would earn a second season came as somewhat of a surprise, insiders previously told The Hollywood Reporter. The series was developed by former Amazon Studios head of genre programming Sharon Tal Yguado, who was instrumental in bringing Joy and Nolan to the retail giant and streamer. The executive departed earlier that same year, with the series scoring a formal order in late 2019.

The Peripheral reportedly cost close to $175 million for its eight-episode first season. By comparison, Joy and Nolan’s futuristic HBO drama Westworld cost an estimated $140 million for the same episode count.

The season two renewal was for a shorter run, with sources noting the streamer only picked up six installments after what sources described as lukewarm audience engagement. In April, an insider told THR that “the political capital [Amazon] would lose [cancelling the show] with Lisa and Jonah would be too great. And they have other shows coming.” Video game adaptation Fallout, the next expected show from Nolan and Joy, has not yet been slated.

Adventures with Superman is really good and goes in unexpected directions

1 Like

Never even heard of this show. Amazon needs better marketing people.

I love it too!!!

Between that cartoon, Smallville, and the ongoing Superman and Lois, it really is important that Gunn assumes everyone is familiar enough with the origin that he can just reference it like it was shown in another movie.

No one is brave enough to let him wear the OG costume the whole movie.

Not a big surprise unfortunately.

I really liked The Peripheral. This news displeases me