The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Why is HBO content on Netflix? I really don’t understand what Zaslav is doing.

2 Likes

It’s the streaming version of syndicating apparently.

The Town is a great podcast on the business of Hollywood that you might want to check out if that sort of thing interests you. Episodes are only about 30 minutes each and they have spent a bunch of time on topics related to your question the last few weeks.

1 Like

Neither does Zaslav. All signs point to him being a button mashing imbecile.

Netflix has metrics showing people watch rock content. Max for some reason doesn’t care, so they sell the rights to Netflix.

I know who I think is making the right call here but I am sure max thinks it’s a win-win.

Although Netflix should get First and Ten, tales from the crypt and that Brian Benben sex show joint.

I guess I never saw all of the Get Shorty tv series. First two seasons represent one of the best TV shows of all time. It has a TON of parallels with Breaking Bad and even includes lots of the same cast. I dropped my jaw when a wild Hank appeared! Then Tuco?!?!!!

But I haven’t seen such a steep drop in quality from GOAT to WOAT since the season three premiere for a different show: Goliath.

Is there some place free to watch it? I only watched S1 years ago and loved it but it looks like MGM+ is the only place that has it?

1 Like

I think it’s only on MGM. I signed up for a free week trial through Roku so I could watch it. Gladly binged the first two seasons and would happily watch them again. Really good.

I was considering doing that and then canceling before the week was up. Anything else worth watching on there while I’m at it?

1 Like

I don’t think so lol been browsing their catalog and it’s just crap, crap, crap. A lot of very interesting old movies to watch if you’re a historian but not much good.

Make sure to sign up for the double trial paired with Paramount+ in case either library has a title the other is missing.

Hold on, I’m being handed a note.

It appears MGM has almost every season of Outer Limits :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

Worse than Herores S2 or Prison Break S2?

1 Like

I’m in! GS binge commence!

1 Like

Much worse than Heroes s2 and on par with Prison Break post prison stuff. Just like…did they forget the promise of the premise???

Cheers :cupcake::cupcake:

I want to watch it again already lol it’s got so many consistent laughs but I am going to remind myself there are only so many hours in the day and if you don’t spend at least one of them at the altar of Behind the Music, Steven Tyler shows up to sing his worst cover of Alanis Morissette.

1 Like

King of the Hill also belongs on the Hulu list

I’ve seen every episode of Seinfeld so many times on TBS in reruns I can’t bring myself to watch any more but there are actually Simpsons and Family Guy eps I still haven’t seen.

Also Rick & Morty is on Hulu (there just aren’t that many of them and Cartoon Network hoards the new shit)

Also the animation starts out crappy and gets better. I was thinking about that the other day. It’s like a requirement or something with every adult animated comedy ever made. The animation starts out shitty and squiggly and just, gets better eventually. I guess they don’t put $$ into it until they know if it’s going to scoop an audience?

1 Like

American Dad is animated? That’s going to make it tougher to get into for me, but I’ll give it a shot.

I just broke out in hives at the mere thought of something being worse than Prison Break S2.

3 Likes

True Detective season 2

3 Likes

I let myself get scared off by reviews on that one. Very little curiosity to see it despite fully believing in Vince Vaughn’s dramatic acting chops. True Detective S1 was great of course.

1 Like