The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

We still talking about the TV show??

hurr hurr

1 Like

My wife and I have heard so many great things, but weve aborted thrice on the series. The pilot is one of the worst TV episodes Ive ever seen and you think the rest of the first season is worse? That does not bode well

If the Tommy Bucks scene doesn’t do anything for you, then imo Justified is just not going to be your bag. And yes, the rest of season one pales in comparison to the pilot.

Agree, was going to say the same.

Is that near the end where he growls “justified” under his breath near a pool?

I don’t think I like the way you’re talking about Raylan.

He’s one of my favorite TV characters ever I think. But I guess I can see thinking he’s a bit much sometimes.

Okay :+1:

Justified is a great show, I’ve watched it a couple times and don’t have any awful memories of S1. Maybe it’s a little off compared to the rest of the series but I didn’t skip it or anything on my rewatch. and all this Justified talk without any mention of Walton Goggins, shame

1 Like

Never made it past S1 of Justified on multiple attempts myself. The first season just isn’t an interesting story. Sounds like it gets better though.

The later seasons are really good, plus you get to hear a different rendition of “You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive” after each season finale.

The revival seems OK. The dude from Sandman is a scary antagonist, but Raylan’s daughter (played by Olyphant’s daughter IRL) was pretty annoying.

S2 of Justified was so god damn awesome. Went from case of the week format in S1 to season long story line with real tension and real consequences, REAL QUICK.

4 Likes

Caught up with Strange New Worlds

S2 is def better than S1 (and S1 was pretty good), and more than that, a few episodes are absolute bangers, La’an & Kirk 2 time travel with the perfect nod that Kirk 2 dies (Joan Collins dies in the original version of the episode), then the episode with the forgetting, that planet was some trippy shit, and last but not least, this most recent musical episode, which, hot take, may be a top 10 episode of any Star Trek. On the whole, the series still lacks the gravitas which I personally need from Trek to start saying it measures up to the originals, but it’s still fantastic.

1 Like

had to skip through most of the musical numbers. could not take it.
series as a whole is very good

I wasn’t a huge fan of the musical numbers, but I did lol at the Klingons singing.

1 Like

He was terrific on Curb Your Enthusiasm, pushing Larry’s buttons.

1 Like

I loved his arc on The Office too.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I was today years old when I learned that that was Timothy Olyphant.