The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

That’s the hard part. The guy really is exceptionally talented! But that’s no excuse for being impossible to work with tsk. Or at least you have to be a hell of a lot more exceptional than Ed is to get away with it.

I actually don’t know the details of his impossibility. I have not heard he was abusive, just that he’s the most difficult person on the planet. The latter is more forgivable than the former.

Agree agree.

My memory is fuzzy, but another one of my thrift store purchases from a while back was the DVD for The Incredible Hulk. It’s one of the only MCU movies that included a director’s commentary.

So curious what these rascals say or hint happened while working with him…

I also have Thor with Kenneth Branagh lol. I am very curious to hear the commentaries for the only other two with commentaries: Iron Man 2 and Captain America 1

On the other end of the spectrum… :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Original was much, much better. If you thought Glass Onion was decent, then you are near guaranteed to think Knives Out is good.

2 Likes

I wonder if having watched Glass Onion will diminish the Knives Out experience. I think it’ll still be great, but it felt like a revelation the first time I saw it.

I appreciate the feedback. I’ll put it on the list.

I think it will. But it will still be good.

Watched the finale of Hijack last night

Not quite sure if it stuck the landing

There was an especially stupid bit right at the end where Sam goes back in the plane again and has to tussle with the lead hijacker mano a mano

1 Like

Part of this is probably me not paying attention but

Was the random mom who commandeered the plane (LOLOL) actually a pilot or something? She sure seemed to know what she was doing.

And the reveal that Sam’s job is…closing deals? What?

And the air traffic controller being like “THIS IS MY PLANE!” yeah ok you take it then, the air force will just go ahead and stand down.

Ridiculous.

To be clear Batman is a bastard

Not paying attention explains at least part of this because Sam’s job was revealed in the first episode.

For the mom, the case team said something about her working with the Navy, but it didn’t sound like the kind of role where she would know how to land a jumbo jet.

1 Like

Econophile mentioned it but

She’s an aeronautical engineer or something and worked for British Air Force. Something along those lines. At least plausible shed had some training.

Agree that it was weak final episode and they just threw some stuff together to wrap it up. Same with the late dbl cross that killed guy who was gonna tell her when it was okay to land. And guys taking kid hostage were thwarted by a fire alarm. Cops who visited earlier didn’t even want to check house after a 911 call where kid presses 55 to say he wasn’t able to freely speak.

Also wasn’t the boss guy they killed the one in communication with the person who was gonna close the stock short. Other guy decides he doesn’t care about that anymore?

In my watching history British television seems to do this a lot. Still an overall enjoyable show.

I’ve been watching Justified: City Primeval. I’m enjoying it, even if the villains are even more cartoonish than usual.

Some of the plot holes and contrivances are distracting, but Olyphant hasn’t lost his touch.

2 Likes

Was going to start that with my wife, but realized she hasn’t seen the first iteration of Justified, so now I’m watching it again with her. First season is worse than I remembered - first episode is awesome, but the next several are pretty clunky. But we are definitely in agreement that Timothy Olyphant is dreamy.

I’ve watched two seasons of Justified so far. Season one was pretty meh, and did just enough not to get me to quit. Season two was far more interesting. Olyphant is magnetic on a level that very few actors come close to. Just overflowing with star power and charisma.

1 Like

And lets not forget everyone’s favorite character actress Margo Martindale!

4 Likes

She was fantastic. Definitely felt like she was the big reason that season 2 was such a step up. Olyphant’s Raylan Givens had all the qualities of a great lead from the start, but the season 1 writing was pretty aimless.

Agreed. I couldn’t get the wife to get past season 1, even though I knew the payoff would be there in season 2 :(

Spoiler for last eps of s3 of the Witcher

I’m hating on Hijack for being thoroughly unrealistic at points and with lazy writing, but it’s a complete masterpiece compared to the latest eps of the witcher. Reduced to hate watching. The “politics” of the series is just utterly disengaging.

Talk about a an awful send off of Cavill. Looking forward to how they’re going to swap in Liam Hemsworth (yes, THAT guy’s brother) in s4 :roll_eyes: