The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I don’t remember how I found Warrior but I’ve been watching since season 1 and enjoying it. I don’t see it advertised or talked about pretty much anywhere. I don’t know anyone else who watches it.

2 Likes

E7 of hijack

LOL that no one thought the bad guys did a bait and switch under the trees. Just incredibly sloppy writing.

Still enjoying the plane part alright

1 Like

Embarrassed to say I’d never heard of this.

I would have thought it would be rerun over there often

Agreed. This one makes Band of Brothers seem pedestrian.

1 Like

They don’t really re-run old variety shows here. Have never seen Iron Chef ru-runs, for instance. The one I wish they’d bring back is Dempa Shonen.

Here’s a little taste of that, if you’re interested:

1 Like

Is Jim Gaffigan eating a hot pocket in his first scene in The Circle?

lol. Didn’t catch what he was eating but could be. Just to be clear for others it’s Full Circle. The circle is a whole rabbit hole of multiple movies.

1 Like

The best one is like a game of Werewolf/Mafia. Good ending too.

The Morning Show feels like Aaron Sorkin ghost wrote it. Heavy-handed moralizing, no laughs. Couldn’t finish s1.

This is how I feel about the show in general. Just not believable from top to bottom.

1 Like

Seems like there’s a few shows like this on Apple TV. They look good on paper but then stink in a weird boring way. Like Echo 3. I’ve watched like 2.5 episodes over three months and I’m done, it’s simply not interesting.

2 Likes

This thread finally got me to get around to watching Strange New Worlds. Started season 1 a couple of days ago and got to the crossover episode last night. That might have been the most enjoyable single episode of Star Trek I have ever watched.

1 Like

What do you think the worst mistakes in Hijack have been?

one that stands out to me is the pilot not being able to communicate with the jets because his headset is damaged, not realizing that the first officer’s pair still works. Of course the first officer remembers this when they need to talk to Budapest ATC in the next episode

Hijack is BETTER THAN BOND. 5 bags of popcorn idris elba genius

Is he more or less of a badass than:

waynebrady

1 Like

wayne brady is chaotic evil and idris elba in hijack is neutral good, so it’s difficult to compare the level of badass. wayne brady in hijack would definitely be more aggressive. elba is a very calculated businessman who just so happens to be a master negotiator. the season isn’t over so i don’t know how elba will ultimately win the hijacking, but i can imagine wayne brady would simply show the back of his hand to the hijackers until they submit to him.

2 Likes

On the other end of the spectrum

2 Likes

lol classic wayne brady

1 Like

Lol but for real I imagine it like this. Hey look it’s Wayne B–!

No one crosses Wayne Brady. You laugh or you cry. Or else.