The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

It feels like Danson has a 100% hit rate on Curb. Him being the anonymous donor who has leaked to everyone in the room that he is “Anonymous” is great.

4 Likes

Yeah he’s amazing on Curb.

1 Like

Creepshow

1 Like

Shameful to put Peacemaker in the same group as these crybabies

Looking forward to having this back in 13 days.

2 Likes

Should I watch season 1? I lived in la when showtime lakers started, but was never a huge fan other than wanting them to beat the Celtics.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s not at the highest level of HBO prestige TV, but it’s a worthy HBO Sunday night show. Despite being a big sports fan, I’m a tough critic on sports drama, and season 1 of this show really worked for me. Well-acted and compelling. It does, to my understanding, play pretty fast and loose with the facts.

As a kid I didn’t start watching basketball until 1989 or so, so the first season is set well before my watching days. And I am/was a Sonics fan. Sounds like you stand a better chance at having a personal connection with the material than I did going in.

1 Like

In light of the Hollywood strike, Nerdstalgic released a pretty good video about the Friends cast and their collective barganing tactics after the 3rd season.

3 Likes

New season of Futurama dropped!

1 Like

Just found out my max subscription has a full month left, thought it ran out tomorrow. I can see the rest of full circle.

With Amazon dropping new episodes of Takeshi’s Castle, how long until we get new MXC episodes?

1 Like

Wait, what?

2 Likes

I know, right? Its on Prime right now

Hijack getting pretty intense

2 Likes

I am trying so hard to get into it because I need shows, but am having great trouble suspending my disbelief.

1 Like

About to finish S2 of Warrior and I’m surprised I hadn’t heard about it until the last couple weeks. Great show. If you are looking for something to binge and haven’t watched it, it is on Max.

2 Likes

There are definitely a few plot holes you just have to overlook

OMFG

Oh damn. Like 20 years ago my boss would record MXC, burn it to DVD, and we’d watch it during lunch while laughing our balls off. I miss that job.