The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I mean, who isn’t?

Wow the forks episode of the Bear was amazing. Might be the episode of tv with the greatest gulf between being quiet and packing a massive emotional punch.

Between this, the love story episode of Last of Us and the “plane” episode of Succession this year alone has three of the greatest episodes of tv I have ever seen.

2 Likes

Was just yesterday thinking about what was the best TV episode released this year, and I definitely was also thinking back and forth between S02E07 of The Bear and S01E03 of The Last of Us.

Loved the final season of Succession, but I do think both of those episodes top anything from the season. And I think that Connor’s Wedding is an overrated episode. It was better as an idea than it was in execution. I share in most of the compliments it received in terms of how realistic it was, etc., but I actually thought its watchability suffered from some of the same things they were clearly doing right. To be clear: it was still quite good. I just break from everyone who thinks it was historically elite.

Jesus Christ that last episode of the bear! Fuck me. Fuck them. Fuck.

1 Like

:+1: to this, finally got around to watching and it is FYRE!

:harold:

3 Likes

What are people’s opinions on From? I’ve been watching it and have enjoyed it, but I can’t figure out whether it’s going to be genius or it’s just throwing a bunch of mysterious supernatural horror stuff together to string the plot along without any kind of actual big picture/story.

New season of What We Do in the Shadows is on par with previous ones so far. Not a fan of the doll stuff, but everything else is a solid 8/10.

Bailed on shadows during the doll song in the restaurant, should have seasons ago.

Bailed on from after the pilot when I realized it wasn’t a parody of horror tropes like “white savior family drives through spooky town, then 10 minutes later while going the same direction reenters spooky town”. :+1:

I love the doll. I want one.

1 Like

Or the original article

3 Likes

Fuck yeah

2 Likes

From

I started off really liking it. The monsters were pretty interesting and different from the normal fare. The premise too. Newbies being introduced to the situation. People with different lengths of stay adapting in their own ways. The seperation of the town from the commune.

But they seem to be going in the direction of the latter from your last sentence recently. Just spooky stuff that doesnt seem to follow a pattern. And that sometimes isnt referenced again after it happens. Maybe they have some grand plan to weave it all back together. But the writing doesnt seem all that great so I strongly doubt it.

1 Like

Not quite James Gunn’s Tromeo and Juliette, but the same studio later saw their most popular character redefined as a kid friendly cartoon hero.

Loved The English. Great western/revenge series. Better than a movie cause it’s longer; more space to fit good stuff.

5 bags

6 Likes

I watched Wayward Pines when it came out. That was right up my alley. Really enjoyed it,

1 Like

You check out season 2 LMAO

I think I tried to watch s2 but bailed on it. As you noted it was not really connected to the first season. I don’t even remember who was in s2.

1 Like

Sopranos S4 EP9. That was an intense episode.

Ralphie wore a rug.

1 Like

Anybody watching the new season of Project Greenlight? I’m 2 eps in, and I really want to see Meko assert herself more.

1 Like