The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Someone mentioned Paul Walter Hauser in Black Bird. He is on a podcast I “watch” on YouTube called Take Your Shoes Off. it’s with comedian and actor Rick Glassman.

Bro that’s stingray from Cobra Kai first and foremost

3 Likes

It sure is. I didn’t know that until you said it.

Also was Jeff gilooley in I Tonya (I y think that’s who he played)

1 Like

If any of you ever make a TV show, just pair Mazzy Star with some dramatic shots and I am in forever.

2 Likes

Holy shit, Stingray got an Emmy nod?

Oh shit, you’re right.

Nora Durst? More like You’re the Worst!

1 Like

His name is Richard Jewell

1 Like

2 Likes

Welp, time to pack it in ya’ll. It was a good run

On ep4 of The English and I’m gonna risk it but goddamn this show is The Bear for westerns. Every aspect is a paradigm level shifting level of quality.

2 Likes

This will either greatly help SAG/WGA or greatly hurt them. No in between.

Holy fucking shirtballs episode 5 of The English OMFG this is some good television

2 Likes

Dang I almost started watching it today but decided to watch Knock at the Cabin first but I am going to jump on next.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh LMK what you think of both. I enjoyed the heck out of Knock at the Cabin. Dave Bautista is a damn good actor.

Not sure if you are a wrestling follower, but Dave being the biggest and best actor to come out of the industry is genuinely surprising (and yes in terms of range and acting ability he is way better than Duane.) Not that he was ever bad at the acting parts of wrestling, but his promo work (first run) was never super strong. He has improved 100s of folds since his initial days in the business.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I haven’t followed wrestling since I was thirteen and one of my brothers friends was obsessed with why the whole thing being fake made it MORE real.

That’s neat to see how much he’s grown. Kind of like a reverse Dwayne Johnson.

Really enjoyed Knock at the Cabin. As for The English, on episode three really enjoying it. I am in love with Emily Blunt though.

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed Cabin. I’m glad I enjoyed it too lol. I want Shyamalan to make at least a few more good movies. When he connects, he hits home runs.

He’s honestly had a fairly balanced CV of good vs bad movies, it’s just that he’s made some BAD ones.

The other holy shit project he did was a 10 episode mini series called Wayward Pines (also based on a book) with Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Juliette Lewis, and Carla Gugino.

When two federal agents go missing in Wayward Pines, Idaho, Secret Service Agent Ethan Burke - one of Seattle’s best agents - sets out to find them. One of the missing agents is Ethan’s former partner, Kate, with whom he had a relationship that almost destroyed his marriage. After Ethan is involved in a car accident upon his arrival in the seemingly perfect town, he wakes up in the hospital without his wallet, ID or money, and he cannot find a working phone to contact anyone at home. When Ethan’s wife learns of his disappearance, she and their teenage son begin a search that leads to more questions.

It’s a truly unique pleasure to experience the revelation of each piece of the mystery, then to receive a worthy payoff to what’s really going on that feels (like the best Shyamalan) surprising yet inevitable.

If you haven’t seen it and might be interested (after everything else you’re already watching lol), I’d say just watch ep1 and you’ll know fast whether it’s worth your time. No way in hell you guess the twists.

The mini series was so successful that Fox figured out how to make a second season, but it was an entirely new cast and entirely new story that is best treated as though it never existed. Outright unwatchable from the opening credits.

1 Like