The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

https://twitter.com/_wildmilk/status/1678798267012849664

glass jars rolling down stairs as succession characters

2 Likes

Somehow incredibly accurate but I think they missed with Tom

I liked the show and for whatever reason really appreciated that it did this. It wrapped up.

1 Like

Had forgotten about The English, thank you for the reminder. First episode is intriguing enough to stick with it.

1 Like

Same with Beef. Its a self contained story and they told it out in full.

Backing you 100% on the English. Stellar show.

1 Like

Late to the party, but Black Mirror s6 ep 1 and 2

Found Loch Henry to be much better than Joan Is Awful tbh. The inception thing was unoriginal and the AI content super obvious and uninspired.

Loch Henry was quite engaging, liked the build up, had no idea where it was going or what would make it a Black Mirror episode.

People who laughed at Piaā€™s death canā€™t have been out in nature much? Her panic was completely logical to me at least. Not directed at you obv.

1 Like

That makes sense. I gotta watch ep2 again.

These things play so differently on rewatch. I revisited Striking Vipers and was suddenly a lot more impressed by the ending than the first watch when I wished they had chosen a moreā€¦umā€¦transformative resolution.

1 Like

ā€œQuarterbackā€ on Netflix was pretty good. Gave some insight to all the work it takes to be a qb in the NFL as well as a peek into their lives outside of football.

Loved 6.2. Great setting/atmospherics.

1 Like

Canā€™t believer the Leftovers coming in hot with a Patty Duke Show reference

:vince2:

The main character in any Billions finale really, really needs to be a guillotine

Binged the entirety of The English last night and thought it was pretty great. The first couple of episodes were very hard to understand what was going on in parts for me but obviously it all gets tied together well by the end. Thanks for the suggestion to watch it. Solid 8/10 for me.

2 Likes

Damn itā€™s that goodā€¦?

And here I just started Patriot. Well :popcorn:

The first 3 episodes or so I was not really getting the hype but by the end it all comes together and is a well written and acted 6 episode show.

1 Like

Only six episodes and structured as a true mini series has got me Iā€™ll make the switch and trust it will come together if Iā€™m in question

2 Likes

Anyone watched Welcome to Chippendales? Mainly watched it because I am a Kumail njani fan. Itā€™s okay about halfway through. The story is interesting enough but probably ingested in a shorter form. Wouldnā€™t go out of my way to watch it, but kumail is good in it and got an Emmy nod.

Speaking of mini-series, did you finish Mrs. Davis, @RiskyFlush ?

I thought it was fun and quirky, but it didnā€™t knock my socks off.

1 Like

WOW.

The opening scenes before the first intro sequence are outstanding and not at all what I expected. I will binge this whole thing as fast as I can.

I tried it but it felt wildly redundant after having seen one or two excellent documentaries.

Not for me, I didnā€™t finish the first episode. Only thing I liked was that it starred Betty Gilpin.

2 Likes

I am in on The English. You all have convinced me to check it out.

3 Likes