The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Dropped on Netflix today :popcorn::popcorn:

Gonna send me back to watching Pumping Iron for the zillionth time.

2 Likes

He got booted after S6.

S7 will be the first one post-Roiland.

1 Like

turned on Siren: Survive the Island on netflix. it’s a korean reality show, billed as Physical 100 and Survivor, but i think it’s more like a not toxic squid game. all female contestants in teams, and they’re all professionals like firefighters, police, soldiers, pro athletes. i can see that show never working in the US, but in korean culture i think it’s pretty solid. enjoyed the first episode.

Season 6, last season with Roiland like others have days. Just criminally bad, derative and incredibly unfunny. So the opposite of the first seasons.

1 Like

She was in Legend w/ Tom Cruise before Ferris. That is the only other thing I recall ever seeing her in.

Timecop.

3 Likes

I am trying to pretend that Van Damme never had a career, thanks

1 Like

2 Likes

Ban

2 Likes

George RR Martin out there like welp I can help with the strike or finish writing Winds of Winter your call fans

Dude just admit you are never going to write the rest of those books lol

Applaud him joining the line!

8 Likes

GRRM has been on strike since 2011. That’s how much solidarity he feels towards the WGA!

9 Likes

This is me when covid hit and we all went work-from-home. Gosh, well, we need to keep the country safe

3 Likes

My favorite response to any request I didn’t want to fulfill was “…in a pandemic?”

I never leave the house so you can imagine what kind of stuff I said that in response to lol

1 Like

Ralphie from S3 of the Sopranos is quite a character. And I didn’t expect a cameo from “Yo Paulie” Burt Young!

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: huge leak. Pay attention you might just learn something

Those seasons are soooooo important to Tony’s character development. Plus they have some hilarious moments!

Boca! And countless other Junior moments

Visiting Day! Meow :smile_cat:

Literally all of Pussy’s story. WHO’S THPONSTHERIN YOU MOTHER FUCKA?!

My name’s Clarence

I don’t disagree but they don’t hold up well on the 10th rewatch for me at least.

If it’s spirit airlines you might just wanna go ahead and pencil a half day Monday.

Seagal minus the love for Putin and acting ability :nauseated_face:

1 Like

i realize i’m years behind, but i just finished the final episode of season 2 of succession.

this fucking show :flushed:

5 Likes

I will not stand for this slander. JCVD is a loads better actor imo.

Have you seen JCVD the movie in which the actor plays a washed up version of himself who gets caught as a hostage in a bank robbery??

The interplay with him and the bank robbers once they realize who he is… :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Then there’s this scene that was mostly improvised and reveals the extent of his descent into drugs and steroids.

His filmography includes Hard Target (what I’d say is John Woo 's best US movie), and Sudden Death is a million times a better hockey movie than Ronin.

He’s still making pretty entertaining stuff like this other spoof on himself where he’s the world’s most unhappy secret super spy posing as an action star.

Meanwhile Steven Seagal’s best movies happened within the span of ten years, one of them is the SECOND in the series, the other one is kinda offensive and really only good because it co stars a Wayans brother, and his biggest claims to fame since then are being a sheriff in New Orleans and, as you said, possibly being a bigger Russia slappy than Trump.

I forgot there was also that time Sylvester Stallone recounted a story about JCVD and Seagal nearly coming to blows at his house party.

It is not close imo

In the event I misunderstood what you were saying, I enjoyed the prompt to revisit the JCVD filmography :popcorn:

6 Likes