The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Never realized Cam was quite that old irl.

Did Sloane ever do anything else of note?

I can see not recognizing Don Eladio in Scarface. But not recognizing Cameron anywhere is WTF. He has an extremely recognizable face and voice. And he pretty much has looked the same his whole life since FB.

1 Like

I donā€™t get it :/

1 Like

Isaac Asimov, right? Iā€™m inching my way through 1 of his books

2 Likes

Yes, Asimov! The Foundation novels made a big impression on me in my youth. Admittedly Iā€™ve never read them again so Iā€™m pretty much left with the memory of how great they were. One of those series I hesitate to read again, for fear of ruining my sentimental image of the booksā€¦

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1666105302134009856

https://twitter.com/nickmohammed/status/1666106940471009282

:harold:

Wtf no just end it

1 Like

Not at all surprised by that, though Iā€™m quite skeptical of it being good. I really think people were much too lenient in grading the Ted Lasso finale. That was legitimately awful stuff.

1 Like

I saw a portion of Jason Sudekis on the Rich Eisen Show leading up to the finale. He basically said that returning for another season isnā€™t the plan, but itā€™s not out of the question.

A Christmas special where the billionaire badguy ex husband is redeemed. Plug that into chatgpt, refine it twice with ā€œmore cloyingā€ prompts and film it

2 Likes

3 Likes

How does one of the greatest actors of the last 100 years escape getting noticed without pounds of prosthetics and makeup???

Hard to say. Hard to say.

Mind/Trip is a free show I discovered while browsing the Roku channel. Each episode is only 8 or so minutes.

The episode on PTSD is about a trans man!!!

And then thereā€™s this episode about DID: Roku

They have another short episode show from Refinery29 called Last Looks covering true crime cases. Very fast paced given the short run times.

Some lesser known but they do bigger cases like their version of the Anna Delvey heiress con that was adapted into the Netflix series Inventing Anna.

Succession

1 Like

Yea I thought he might too as I was watching

Probably late to the party, but holy shit the last season of Rick and Morty is bad. Like 1 on the die bad.

1 Like

Is this a new one after the departure of the creator or the last one before he was booted??

I thought season 6 was better than season 5, but neither were very good compared to earlier seasons.

Halfway through S6.

Honestly enjoying it more than both S4 and S5.