The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Ironic!

1 Like

1 Like

Iā€™ve never seen Ferris Bueller, but I did immediately recognize him from Spin City.

4 Likes

so far the most shocking twist in The Leftovers is that the woman who does the survey interviews ISNā€™T the main chick from Fringe.

iā€™m afraid to look up leftovers on imdb because iā€™ll see which actors have fewer episodes and know theyā€™re gonna die sooner and i donā€™t want to be spoiled. but i am already kinda spoiled because i heard about the big reveal in the finale years ago and itā€™s frankly all i think about while watching the show

1 Like

Lol youā€™re right!!! Funny who people are when you stop to think about it.

1 Like

Someone mentioned to me the other day that Chakotay from Voyager was the same actor who played Raul in Eating Raul back in '82 and it broke my mind. (I know thatā€™s a deep cut but someone here knows that movie).

raoul-mary_r_hu98f975aaeee35d4b0d80f636d58e661d_817987_320x0_resize_q60_h2_box

1 Like

grunch

Any recs for Apple TV+? Just got a 3 month trial and have never used it. I plan to watch a few eps of their most popular shows to get a feel, but wanted to check if there are any ā€œmust watchā€ series.

1 Like

Ted Lasso was great even though it petered out a bit come season three. Severance is really good through one season. Iā€™m not yet current on it, but what Iā€™ve watched of For All Mankind is really good.

1 Like

Slow Horses

2 Likes

Succession

Just kidding. But really, Severance is awesome.

2 Likes

Iā€™m kinda enjoying See. Not compared to a real TV show, but compared to movies where the musclebound moviestarā€™s name is presented above the title of the program, itā€™s pretty good.

The blind fighting scenes are badass

1 Like

The Morning Show!!!

Thatā€™s Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carrell in the middle of a scandal that rocks all of morning TV.

Lots of other amazing co stars and guest appearances.

1 Like

ā€œStillā€ the new Michael J Fox documentary is excellent

3 Likes

some ages during shooting

Ferris 23
Sloane 18
Cameron 29
Jennifer Grey 25
Charlie Sheen 19 (turned 20 during filming)
John Hughes 35
hopelessly old & uncool Ben Stein 41 :(

1 Like

I thought he was awesome for that brief period of commercials and Win Ben Steinā€™s Money.

Admittedly that was only a few years.

His act worked on Wonder Years too.

1 Like

kidding about Ben Stein! although irl he ended up being an embarrassing GOP flunky I totally agree he had some classic moments in hollywood, was more just kidding about how half the forum is now older than the ferris bueller bueller bore.

ā€¦Dvautā€¦Dvautā€¦Dvautā€¦

2 Likes

Silo
Severance
Prehistoric planet
Slow horses

Still considering Foundation since Iā€™m a sci-fi nerd, but seen mixed reviews.

2 Likes

My man Ebert does not miss, flawless:

Roger Ebert gave Eating Raoul two stars, explaining, ā€œThe movieā€™s got some really funny stuff in it, and I liked a lot of it, and I wouldnā€™t exactly advise not seeing it, but it doesnā€™t quite go that last mile. It doesnā€™t reach for the truly unacceptable excesses, the transcendent breaches of taste, that might have made it inspired instead of merely clever.ā€[4]

2 Likes

Foundationer.