The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Silo ep3 again

yeah thought of that and it makes sense. Still, would have put it in the same episode if it were me.

I should think so!

Itā€™s very not Hollywood and very Aussie, in a good way. Season 2 is quite a bit better than season 2. Some very solid episodes exploring themes beyond what I thought the series capable of.

Itā€™s not the next Succession, breaking bad or what have you, but still, worth the watch.

Really looking forwards to ep 4-7 now! :vince1:

Can anyone give me your Sopranos season ranking? S3 is starting a bit slow for me (missing some of my favorite charactersā€¦).

Giving For All Mankind a shot. Does it get less heavy-handed?

I havent finished six yet, currently it wpuld be number 5 on my list but that isnt fair.

3>2>5>1>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure exactly what you mean by ā€œheavy-handed,ā€ but I generally thought the show got better as it went along and most of the characters became more multi-dimensional. On the other hand, some of the plot gets a bit more over the top as time passes and the world of the show deviates more from our own. To me, it almost becomes two shows, a sci-fi drama (that I like) and a soap opera (that I do not)

Not sure exactly. But season 3 might be one of the best. Certainly has some of the best single episodes.

It gets better fast
Stick with.

1 Like

EP3 was much better.

1 Like

i kind of like that the megathread forces you to read about shows you would have otherwise never heard of, for example there has been a lot of good reviews for Silo itt so i might end up checking it out, if it had its own dedicated thread i would have probably never bothered clicking on it.

4 Likes

this should be good

https://twitter.com/SatDownSouth/status/1665019813729542144

4 Likes

The pig is an instant top 5 classic for me

Yeah, it became boring pretty quickly, but I thought the last episode got interesting again, especially toward the end.

Sopranos rewatch or first time the leftovers watch?

Agreed. There arenā€™t enough.people in this forum to warrant separate threads anyway, except perhaps the very most popular weekly shows like succession.

Leftovers. IMO, itā€™s better than Sopranos (and I like Sopranos). Even if you donā€™t love it, itā€™s at least a good and unique show.

3 Likes

LOVE Leftovers, even if itā€™s a bit out there at times. Few shows that have moved me more emotionally.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a hell of a take to just casually toss in.

Iā€™m a big fan of Leftovers, though, and prefer it stylistically to Sopranos.

1 Like

I could never get into leftovers first time I tried to watch it. I might try again.

1 Like

Just finished Barry

I think it was OK. I think they kind of wrote themselves into a corner and there was no easy way to end it well. The most annoying thing to me is that the characters I disliked the most, Sally and Fuchs, donā€™t get enough comeuppance for my taste. Also Cousineau, who I also disliked, may have gotten a bit too much, but that didnā€™t bother me as much.