The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Silo
Mrs Davis
From
The Diplomat

The writers strike will determine whether Yellowjackets returns to glory or literally follows the same path as Lost.

I saw that and knew I needed to post it for you :smiley:

me whenever it’s a non-jules storyline:

where's hunter hat

3 Likes

It looks like it has been mentioned, but I’d also say Silo.

3 Likes

I’ve gotta figure out how to make money from this. I really want to!

memes incoming

1 Like

LOL!!!

https://twitter.com/PhasmophobicBoi/status/1660837056615002115

2 Likes

My default assumption would have been that she was doing a NoHo Hank impression as a joke. Is that not what’s going on?

She’s Serbian, so I think that’s her accent. Definitely sounds like he got his inspiration from her.

Listening to him more, his normal voice isn’t really that far from Hank.

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1663354011779735553?t=WTdarfdIZor2gmk42yRnUA&s=19

3 Likes

S

I think Tom is calculating enough that he sees it as beneficial to have a family when he’s the CEO. Better for his image to be a wholesome family man rather than be estranged from his ex-wife who bears his child. Mostly a calculating move on his part imo, going for a transactional relationship.

1 Like

All of these seem unlikely, given how little chatter there is about any of them ITT. Though Silo definitely seems interesting 3 eps in.

Mrs Davis - eh. Seen 3 eps, but took a break 2 weeks back and probably won’t be going back. A little bit too try-hard for me.

1 Like

I am 100% in on Silo, not sure if it will really be a big show at all though.

3 Likes

I hear you.

I don’t think any of these are necessarily great shows. But they’re some of the best television on the air. I don’t see a lot else that’s high concept enough to cross the four quadrants or whatever. Maybe reality television, but those always rise to the top during a writers strike.

Silo is an exception. Incredible novels, incredible adaptation, and with a concept that resonates POWERFULLY as a metaphor for global experiences of the pandemic. People will watch this if they can.

The bottleneck is that it’s on Apple+

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is a thing :hushed:

1 Like
1 Like

Not really spoiler-y question related to Waystar-Royco / Gojo deal

This might have been obvious and I missed it - was the whole company being sold to Gojo, or just divisions? I know ATN was originally outside of the deal, but were there any other divisions that were not being sold?

Original deal was everything but ATN (largely mirroring Fox-Disney - although Fox kept some than just Fox News). I don’t think they ever fully explain what all was ATN (e.g. was it just the News channel or did it include some other random stuff). Final deal was everything.

2 Likes
2 Likes