The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Thought it was good not great.

Succession ldo

I thought it was well done overall.

I recommend the post-show interview thing with Jesse Armstrong etc.

1 Like

It was great. Perfect that the children of a malignant narcissist end up with nothing. Thatā€™s what Logan gave them.

2 Likes

Donā€™t they just end up with millions if not billions of dollars from the sale?

1 Like

billions, yes

It was objectively good but unsatisfying.

2 Likes

True, but theyā€™re totally broken and will never enjoy a cent of it.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t get into Succession, but it sounds like the ending is what it needed to be given the setup. Well done! As someone who only watched three episodes and skims yā€™allā€™s commentary :popcorn:

1 Like

They predicted it:

https://twitter.com/nameberry/status/1661490231613292545

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1663027561461436434

5 Likes

Patrimanies

1 Like

Omgā€‹:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

images (14)

2 Likes

The one true

1 Like

Barry ending was more satisfying than Succession

Somone on 22 posted (before finale) a better name-based theory, imo:

Succession and The Shield

Thinking about the finale last night and it really reminds me of the tone of the Shield finale which is increasing it in my esteem. The Mackey and Kendal final shots are so similar.

Succession

Itā€™s a bit weird that Shiv was the flake in this whole battle. Seemed out of character. She basically went full Roman. She has always been portrayed as calculating. If it was a considered, ā€œWell, I can just go back to Tom and at least I can maybe have some control over him.ā€ Or ā€œWell, Tom is the father of my childā€. Or something. But the last second ā€œKendall would suck and he killed someoneā€ was old news to her. So to break down Roman-style over that seemed a bit off.

1 Like

I think it was more that she just could not let Kendall ā€œwinā€, no matter what, even if that outcome would have been better for her. Stabbing each other in the back is just part of their DNA.

5 Likes