The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I miss the shit out of those days when that was all the internet was.

It’s technically “new” in that Netflix is actually finally really honestly this time gonna actually start punishing people for sharing, which they announced they were going to do like a year ago I think?

Dunk & Egg are coming! Major excite

4 Likes

Series order in April 2023, writers strike May 2023, pilot premiere date… July 26?

pepeglasses

They first tested it in Peru last year and then introduced it in Canada beginning of 2023. Apparently they were happy enough with the numbers to roll it out to USA#1.

2026 that is

1 Like

Yah ugh I completely forgot about the strike

Yep, they wont even get a first draft started before its resolved which does not look like it will be happening anytime soon.

I can’t be old! I got a BSOD last month!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/howtojohnwilson/status/1661769100325171201?t=iszBKkR_NxoetkR9Sg12zQ&s=19

final season?? come on, i can watch 20 years of this shit

3 Likes

Excited to hear we have a date though. Wife and I loved first two.

Its such an amazing cinematic show. Question my wife and I were debating. Is the B-Roll filmed first and the narrative built around it, or vice versa? The fact that every shot builds the narrative makes me think the former. Shoot hundreds of hours of New York being New York, then find shots that go together and build an outline of the narrative around it.

2 Likes

This guy basically records his entire life. I think he has assistants to help comb through and organize the footage.

1 Like

yeah he’s gotta be leaving like 99.999% of the footage on the cutting room floor. which sucks, i want him filling warehouses with film and making every season better.

His daughter is played by Monica Barbaro, who also played one of the fighter pilots in Top Gun Maverick.

Barbaro similarly enjoyed the experience of fighting alongside her onscreen dad, especially since it gave the breakout Top Gun: Maverick star the chance to flex her action muscles outside of the cockpit. “We were in jets throughout Top Gun , which wasn’t easy, but this had the added challenge of learning something new every week,” the actress says. "One week I’d be parkour-ing off of a car and the next I’d be crawling on top of a train!

https://twitter.com/thebrianposehn/status/1661789862280982528?s=46&t=RKQIqRrKzVps835SSEmebA

5 Likes

Man, Yellow Jackets Season 2 is really bad. I don’t know how much more I can take even fast forwarding through stuff.

If you’re at the point where you’re fast forwarding through things, it’s time to give it up.

There’s too much good TV out there to bother with stuff you don’t like.

2 Likes

Yeah, Yellowjackets has been losing me. I’ll keep going, but it’s just not that interesting anymore.

One thing that REALLY annoys me:

The show literally starts with a girl being chased down, killed, and then eaten in a ritual ceremony by other girls (presumably) wearing fucked up masks. We obviously then find out it’s a flashback, but we still haven’t gotten to that point in the 1990’s portion of the show. They FINALLY did the whole draw cards thing to see who dies and then chased a girl in last week’s episode, but that STILL wasn’t the stuff we saw in the very first scene.

Not that I want to see teenage girl murder and cannibalism, but when you are basically telling us that the show is about something and then you take at least two seasons to get to it, that’s annoying.

I believe my exact criticism of the show as I was watching season 1 was I needed more cannibal stuff :joy:

I didn’t finish season 1

2 Likes