The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Man Succession has been so good this season. The kids’ performances tonight were incredible

2 Likes

I knew Kerri would be back!

4 Likes

Succession

Spellbinding, thanks for making me miss my lunch workout!

My For Me tab is now completely full of thirst traps but this one was good

https://twitter.com/kylietcheung/status/1660358983687843842?t=dkcFAQiw5bWqQg9DE4eW0Q&s=19

2 Likes

How was Colin not a pallbearer? His best pal!

Shiv’s rise to possible Successor was not remotely as convincing as the other siblings.

This show’s electric vehicle game is on-point.

I feel that Wamsgams has another card or two to play and I do not think he’ll go quietly into that good night. An American CEO!

2 Likes

I burned through Whitehouse Plumbers. Is it good? Not really. But it was an enjoyable farce. I like to think Justin Thereaux nailed G. Gordon Liddy.

My dad, at one time, worked with one of the known named watergate guys.

It’s like three hours. I read a lot of criticism on Woody Harrelson’s performance but he is pretty much playing a straight man most of the time.

1 Like

Succession

The characterization in the episode was great. You got Kendall who’s silly and dumb in normal life throwing out koans and elliptical sayings, turn around and spin that into gold when the chips are down and then comes out of it like a shark

You got Rome acting like a shark but also getting more and more unhinged with the sex jokes until the moment comes and he chokes because, in spite of all his professions to the contrary, he hadn’t ‘pre-grieved’ and then afterword his desire to be humiliated, to self annihilate by running into the protestors

And Shiv playing the middle ground.

4 Likes

Agree with what’s been posted about Silo. This isn’t really my kind of show, but I’m hooked. The acting is top-notch.

2 Likes

There is no way on earth that Shiv becomes CEO that would be so silly, although I guess Ken would only be slightly less silly

1 Like

If we know anything from the show, it’s basically irrelevant who is named CEO in the finale as that person won’t keep it. They will blunder it immediately. None of them have Logan’s grip on power.

Eulogizing my dad:
giphy (20)

3 Likes

For me Succession is much more rewatchable than White Lotus. White Lotus is great but kind of exhausting. I don’t want to watch it more than once for that reason. Enlightened was the same way.

Gregg Egg is the only logical choice at this point

He has the experience. He has the charisma. He has the name. He has the height.

1 Like

After all, who has a better story than Greg?

3 Likes

Succession predictions

What I think will happen:

Kendall “wins” having achieved his final form by selling out his family in order to surround himself with transactional snakes like Hugo and the chauffer. I say win in that he will be at the head of the company when the show ends, but we know that the reign will probably be short-lived b/c those folks will slit his throat when they get the chance

What I want to happen:

Mattson successfully acquires the company and runs the US CEO play, but cuts all of the kids out and names Gerri, who has been building alliances and showing competence without the kids noticing. So the kids end up rich (as always) but none of them get to run the company and they will all blame each other for losing it.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/DisneyPrimePlus/status/1660499347992199172

5 Likes

literally no one

I read this to my wife and she is furious on behalf of Colin, who she insists has a good heart.

3 Likes