The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Just finished Jury Duty and was somewhat underwhelmed. Watchable but felt it was too over the top.

I think the show would have been better without all the crazy story lines to add drama. The guy that broke up with his gf was fine ad Marsden did a good job, but the tech nerd was really annoying and the trial itself was also just way too stupid.

I also think that the “real” guy had to at least have been partially aware or he’s just a huge idiot. So many obvious flags that this wasn’t real - like you don’t spend thousands of dollars to sequester juries for random civil trials, especially when you could just excuse an alternate.

I agree that Season 3 was somewhat repetitive of the first two seasons. Season 4 adds new dynamics.

The lack of arc is sort of the whole point of succession.

Around the kids sure. But like. Give us some decent new characters and plot lines. Give us real jeapordy. Kill off a major character, either professionally or literally.

1 Like

Lots of things happen but then they get dropped and forgotten. I really can’t explain why I like this show; none of the characters are people I want to spend time with, it’s amoral, it’s visually all so grey and bland.

tom i knew, but sarah snook’s real accent blew my mind. she nails it, i never suspected a thing

Same reason king Lear is awesome. It’s about terrible people but not monsters. Real people who are awful for understandable reasons. The arc is how they all got to be like they are and why they can’t evolve more.

2 Likes

Dude cmon, does this show seem like to the type to suddenly kill off a major character? Never going to happen.

5 Likes

Succession: man that was a tough watch.

1 Like

index

But Shakespeare villains are awesome and I want to see what they get up to. The Succession characters are all just kind of annoying and gross.

Succession

First thought: mehhhhhhh

Second thought: Is Roman in fact The Successor? I did not buy his sudden passionate commitment to the fascist’s victory.

I was promised “the most shocking episode”. I did not, imo, receive what I was promised. What am I supposed to be shocked by, ATN’s lack of commitment to journalistic integrity?

2 Likes

Succession

Go watch it. I reckon you will be hooked by the end of the first episode.

1 Like

Why not? Leave the kids. But introduce some change in the boardroom. Have Marcia die. Or one of the interchangeable old white dudes on the board.

If only this post was on the other place where there’s a bunch more like button icons than just the heart.

1 Like

Last episode of Succession was amazing imo.

1 Like

Have they explained why Kendall and Rava have a brown kid? Adopted?

I saw an interview with him (maybe on Fallon?) where he said he and Sarah Snook sometimes have “bad accent days” where they just can’t find their American accents in scenes together and they get really nervous they won’t be able to finish the scene.

1 Like