The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

FYP

6 Likes

LFS knows the rules too :+1:

Why is he pulling out a gun

1 Like

And itā€™s like Wesley doesnā€™t even know what to do on the sex orgy planet.Itā€™s embarrassing the whole Federation.

1 Like

Omg and a badge too. LFS was FBI all along!

1 Like

This is a good David Simon interview, has his perspective on the strike and AI in writing

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1656750292942061568

3 Likes

2 Likes

Shinya Shokudo (Midnight Diner) is a modern Japanese classic. Hopefully itā€™s not leaving Netflix here in Japan but better double check though and tee up another watch if it is.

Have you seen Netflixā€™s sumo series? Pretty brutal so far.

Trailer looked so brutal I havenā€™t bothered. Sounds like Iā€™m not missing anything.

Really good.

I also listened this interview with Michael Schur today. Hits on lots of the same points, with an emphasis on how the current way of doing things does not allow writers to learn how to create shows anymore and how that is going to hurt the future of the industry.

2 Likes

If you liked ā€œThe Movies That Made Usā€ on Netflix, ā€œThe Toys That Made Usā€ is worth watching. They manage to make stories that at the end of the day are largely about IP-licensing pretty interesting.

1 Like

Note to self. While watching House of the Dragon for the first time, donā€™t google around various actors and actresses to see who they are lest you be horribly spoiled.

2 Likes

Ive been staying away during my first watch of the Sopranos too. I write down character names to look up when Im done with the series to see what else they are in, lest I find out someone has been whacked.

The Sopranos is the only show where people get whacked.

Watching Tom Wambsgans in Succession and then listening to the actor Matthew Macfadyen talk about playing Tom Wambsgans is a shocking disconnect, even knowing he is a British actor.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get why Tom, the largest, does not simply eat the smaller successors.

2 Likes

Yeah through me for a loop when I saw him talking in his natural accent.

Even more disorienting in behind the scenes footage where his interviews are intercut with Sarah Snook bringing her natural Aussie accent.

I know him best from Spooks. Which was a British spy show similar to 24 but much better. Hes pretty iconic there, so I was more shocked to see him being a wimp with and american accent.

Hard to discuss this without spoilering or being spoiled.

Succession season 3.

Iā€™m part way through. Is it just me or does nothing really happen in this show? We are three seasons in and the dynamics and characters are all effectively the same. Wheres the arc?

I hear season 4 gets better. So Iā€™ll keep watching.

1 Like