The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I read these books. Clumsy in spots but brilliant premise. Hopefully the TV version can flesh out the story better than the novel. Might have to re-up my Apple subscription for this.

1 Like

+1, I’m getting tired of all these post-apocalyptic TV shows! And they never show all the nuclear reactors blowing up!

Fwiw there is none of that in this. Its set an unknown period of time after the apocalypse, generations have lived and died in a giant silo underground. It might as well be set inside a big space station or something since one of the main themes is being unable to ever go outside.

1 Like

Watched the first couple Silo eps. Seemed pretty decent, will keep watching.

1 Like

Sopranos S5

Major spoiler

Adriana’s last episode is fucking brutal. I felt so goddamn bad for her throughout the entire thing. Holy shit.

4 Likes

This is one of those tv moments I still remember to this day and its been like a decade since I saw it.

3 Likes

Just the title of the episode is gut-wrenching.

Long-Term Parking

1 Like
2 Likes

Succession

How the hell does she not tell him about the kid at that moment for maximum pain. Odd narrative choice.

Max pain might be aborting and then telling him. Don’t think they’ll go there, but I put nothing past them at this point

Fight scene will get all the press but the theme of it all being a big club of assholes who don’t care is dead on.

1 Like

I think the next two episodes before the finale are going to be epic: “America Decides” & “Church and State”.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BryanCooking/status/1655278951064039430?t=AiNvt2JJNJeZqgY98bxEmQ&s=19

2 Likes

RE: Succession

When Logan died I felt like the most logical/predictable outcome was for Kendall to fulfill the destiny that he’s yearned for since the beginning. And it does seem that all these events are making Kendall a “man” as Logan would define the word. But I will be a little surprised if the most likely outcome imo is the one the show goes with. Time will tell I guess.

Succession (to Clovis)

Not how I see it. For Shiv, it’s not a weapon to be loaded and fired, but a critical weakness to be hidden and fortified. She is able to weave around Tom’s attacks quite easily but the one that 100% lands on her is when he says she shouldn’t raise a child.

2 Likes

8w29zizp1kya1

13 Likes

That’s a good take. Makes sense.

Finally catching up on Succession, I was dying at the whole Kendall/Roman convo during the Logan death scene. I stalled out early in season 3 and lost all interest in the show but it hooked me again once I pushed through those episodes.

1 Like

This was last week, This week was OMFG. was convinced the whole thing was a dream sequence until the end. Things have taken a very Vince-Gilliganian turn

yall are crazy the white house plumbers are great! I am loving Lena Heady as Woody’s wife and the guy playing Liddy is fantastic and OH MY GOD IS THAT KATHLEEN TURNER’S MUSIC??!?!!