The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Ric Flair makes a surprise appearance, looking old AF

Latest Succession episode totally great, unexpectedly one of the best. During the Kendall presentation I genuinely thought that they were setting it up to crash and burn, but I was thinking that if it were real people would actually go apeshit over it. So the surprisingly positive response was perfect.

4 Likes

I really wish when Ken said “I love you dad” they had Logan come back with “Fuck off!” Would have been a killer note for Ken to end the presentation on.

Guy is working in movie theaters.

reminds me of when roy laroux exposed gregg turkington as not actually working for amc network, as he claimed, but in fact was working as a ticket-taker at an amc movie theater. “you’re a fraud, gregg”

3 Likes

I learned a bunch of stuff and now I can include video and audio clips and sound effects :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

I was pretty stoked for White House Plumbers and I’m not sure I’m going to make it through the first episode.

I feel the same, barely made it through. Woody’s voice and how it sounds dubbed over in every scene is very distracting.

1 Like
6 Likes

like a credit card?

Maybe a layaway plan at Kmart.

Why did they have the character names on the credits?

2 Likes

Ha, that’s exactly what I was thinking.

1 Like

And it’s too bad because they missed the chance for “and John Ventimiglia as Artie Bucco”

I don’t know why that style of credits often did with the last actor being the only one including his character name that it’d be Artie in that spot right? Maybe Livia.

1 Like

This is hilarious but WOW that long single outro take paired with the theme song at the end is actually amazing

Silo drops first episode tomorrow on apple, I am super pumped. Getting good reviews. Its based on the Wool series, which was a super popular short story self-published on Amazon and then series of novels (and a graphic novel). Don’t think anyone has posted about it yet itt but tl;dr is post apocalyptic society living underground in a silo hundreds of stories deep. All star cast and adapted by Graham Yost, hoping its a big hit

2 Likes

When is the fascination with the post-apocalyptic setting going to calm down? Was it zombies, a virus, or vampires? Gear up team, we have to venture out of the base to trudge through a dilapidated, unpopulated wasteland looking for medicine or batteries or something and things will jump out of rusted metal hiding spots and we’ll run into a run-down gas station and hide behind the counter in the foreground, while behind us the shadow of whatever threat will slowly (it’s scarier because it moves slowly but relentlessly) walk across the smudged, opaque service station window while we breath hard with our fear face.

I don’t mean that as an attack at NF at all, I just have zero interest in the same setting of bands of survivors in a bleak post apocalyptic setting. Did they pass a rule about having to do this after Walking Dead’s success?

1 Like

That’s awesome omg. Wool was amazing.

1 Like

Yeah I had no idea at all it was even being made until like a week ago

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ColumboScreens/status/1654184119142875137?s=20

1 Like