The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1653188776267595783?s=20

3 Likes

if you like spy thrillers and you don’t care if they’re totally stupid, Citadel is probably the show for you

the very prominent product placement is so cringe, this might be the worst thing i’ve ever seen. the daughter is eating at the breakfast table, and there’s a large bag on the table that has the grubhub logo and it’s perfectly crisp and in focus for the whole scene. i was waiting for the guy to say, “mmm smells good, i want some grubhub now”

2 Likes

Is this gap in Yellow Jackets episodes just so they can force you to pay another month before cancelling? Bastards.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ColumboScreens/status/1652311783313641473?s=20

1 Like

Kind of how I feel about Rabbit Hole. I’m entertained!

Maybe the biggest plot hole is we’re supposed to believe Kiefer is like 45

1 Like

All the TV Shows on Pause Due to the Writers’ Strike

1. Abbot Elementary
  2. Cobra Kai
  3. Yellowjackets
  4. Late Night with Seth Meyers
  5. The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
  6. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
  7. Jimmy Kimmel Live
  8. The Daily Show
  9. Real Time with Bill Maher (OMG PLEASE GET CANCELED)
  10. Saturday Night Live
  11. Last Week Tonight with Jon Oliver

I’m not part of the WGA, so while I feel somewhat conflicted, I will continue to fill the slot for Last Week Tonight whenever I have enough sound mind to do it lol

4 Likes

If anybody has a great idea for a game show or shitty reality show, now is the time to start pitching

1 Like

Oh man, they were probably really close to finishing Cobra Kai. Thats the only one im really bummed about

2 Likes

They may go ahead and finish it if all of the scripts are complete and don’t need anything more than a little improv or ad libs to finish filming. It’s the kind of show where as long as the episode hits most of the details, the actors can take care of the rest.

It’s shows like Yellowjackets that absolutely can’t function without their writers. The story is a big puzzle piece that has to be executed with all the precision of late-game Jenga. You could definitely fuck up Cobra Kai, but not nearly as easily lol.

How are you liking s2? I previously posted about having a real hard time even getting back into episode 1, so curious how it is progressing.

Be funny if they were in middle of filming jury duty and had to pause.

1 Like

Finally finished BCS and wow. I love BB but I can definitely see why some say BCS is better. Just excellently paced, shot, acted, etc. And to do all that as a prequel when a lot of your choices about who lives and dies are already predetermined and known by your audience is just insane.

11 Likes

I still put BB a little higher but so close. For sure BCS is the best tv spin-off of all time.

Ahead of Just the Ten of Us?

2 Likes

Frasier is better

Family Matters, obv

1 Like

Also Star Trek TNG

3 Likes

Are You Smarter Than a Republican Congresswoman?

1 Like

It’s getting progressively dumber but I am pot committed at this point.

2 Likes