The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Not the best Succession imo, but

Kendall / Karl interaction backstage was mint.

2 Likes

Barry had a pretty crazy episode overall and a very WTF last 30 seconds

1 Like

Not 100% sure this is true but funny either way because it sure sounds right …

I never noticed until now, but at 2:22 the sound designer added the sound of “Howard Dean’s Infamous Yell” that ended his chances of winning the 2004 election. What a strange easter egg.

2 Likes

Wait wait, the Howard Dean yell was in the actually released BB scene?

1 Like

Holy shit holy shit it is. I just cued it up on Netflix.

I had to have seen that scene 10+ times and I’ve never caught that.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for something to watch while you eat lunch, Dead Ringers is a hard pass.

King of Collectibles is fun, though.

https://twitter.com/ColumboScreens/status/1652825158405505029?s=20

1 Like

That’s amazing.

Wonder what other kinds of Easter eggs won’t become apparent until one or two million rewatches.

SuccessionIf Kendall wants to tank the deal, shouldn’t he have used the nazi tweet stuff better? Say that it’s concerning since they are buying the company with 50% stock? Use it as an excuse to get out the deal?

Ken wants to blow up the deal without publicly blowing up the deal. Almost everyone else thinks the deal is good, so he has to be careful about how the deal falls apart. He wants to blow up the deal, but Kendall also wants to look like the right guy to run the company going forward. Being the visionary new CEO who caused the stock price to go up so much that the acquirer can no longer afford the company makes Ken look good. Being the guy who ruined a multi-billion dollar acquisition because he couldn’t improv well at an investor day doesn’t come off very well.

4 Likes

That episode of succession should have been titled “the kids are fucking morons”

1 Like

Succession joke

My favourite thing is atn (fox) knows they exist due to boomers so when they die the company is bust so their solution is old folks homes dedicated to making the boomers live longer. Just awesome.

2 Likes

succession

Summary

i love how the other characters have to delicately explain to the brothers that they can’t treat them the way logan treated them because it’s unearned. and nothing they have, nothing about their position is earned lol. the movie exec slipped and explicitly told roman he’s where he is because he earned it and it’s such an obvious lie to everyone that he’s forced to fire her on the spot. he was forced to! the gerri firing he MIGHT have to roll back at some point, but i was so glad to see kendal support him fully.

and then at the end for him to not return this kind of unconditional love to his brother and go along with his business fraud idea, that was so brutal. roman is getting big sad lately and i’m loving it.

5 bags

4 Likes

Looks like I might get a chance to catch up on some old ish

2 Likes

I wonder how long it will take me to feel this strike. Last strike there wasn’t really streaming and I watched some late night and a lot of network shows. Now I watch either. Plus I have a huge list of backlogged stuff to watch.

I might not even notice the strike unless it lasts an insane amount of time. I feel this is bad for the writers. There is so much content out there now that their leverage of striking is greatly reduced.

I have a lot in my queue as well. And studios probably tried to move up production on some shows a bit if they thought they could get them wrapped before a potential strike. It will probably end up being a very personal thing. If a specific show you love gets delayed/killed off you’ll really notice it, but someone else who just consumes Criterion Channel content doesn’t miss a beat.

There are still a few shows I watch week to week, so, for me, if the strike goes long enough to mess up the schedule. I’ll probably check a few times, realize there are no new episodes, eventually stop checking, and then maybe binge watch a bunch in a few years if a streamer randomly suggests the show to me.

1 Like

This is a good point.

I just feel awful for all of the stuff in production that really can’t afford to not have active writers.

Y’all remember what happened when there was a strike in the middle of Heroes season two??

2 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

otoh -

The story goes that Aaron Paul’s character on Breaking Bad was destined to meet a grisly end in the ninth episode of the first season. But the 2007 WGA strike got in the way, cutting off production at seven episodes (six of an intended eight after the pilot). In the intervening time between seasons, Vince Gilligan changed his mind.

3 Likes

Eat a million donuts, they call you a crazy cop.

But you save ONE beloved TV character

1 Like