The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

This isn’t mentioned enough, but Taskmaster is an incredible show. I know most of these people are well/fairly well known in the UK, but I have no idea who any of them are, and the fact that I have belly laughs multiple times an episode from a group I know nothing about makes me think they are doing something very very right.

2 Likes

One annoying thing is, the quips and the kind of in talk on Secession are funny and great but too much of it and I’m spending half my time just trying to decipher what they’re saying. It’s one thing to have the CEO and jargon-y talk, it’s another when it becomes nearly a whole new language.

Mrs Davis is bonkers

in a good way?

And if it’s not good…is it at least good at it?

1 Like

How can I explain? The closest comparison I can think of in terms of bonkers is Torchwood, but the two shows are quite different. Too early to tell if the show is ultimately good or bad, but at least so far it has largely been entertaining.

Thanks for the reminder - I binged most of the episodes during the early pandemic, and need to watch the recent seasons. Shame the US version sucked so hard.

Didn’t help much since I haven’t seen Torchwood, but have it queued up for my flight! Having character actress Margo Martindale in it tipped the scales in its favor.

Hilarious satire, great movie. Loved Ethan Suplee in that one too.

1 Like

…your momma told you that story?

1 Like

One of if not my favourite thing about succession is that Jesse Armstrong spent nearly a decade writing and shooting a sublime show that took place almost entirely in a shitty UK flat and then was smart enough to think my next show is gonna be about the richest people on earth. I’m gonna bleed HBO and go to all these amazing places.

2 Likes

Last ep showed this so much. Could have easily all been in one hotel but nope we need a huge mountain gondola and the fanciest hotel on earth. It’s was so awesome.

FYI it’s the same one as in the movie ex_machina.

1 Like

What about Kendall’s kids?

Finally finished Sopranos. I am once again sad it’s over. When the finale hit I got bummed, was really enjoying rewatching the show.

A few thoughts

S5 e13 all due respect

A lot happened in this episode and did a good job setting up season 6.

Feel like it was a surprise when Adrianna got killed originally.

Horse picture
Cousin Tony dead
Christopher on the run. Are feds not trying to find Christopher seems it would be easy

S6 e1 Not really a spoiler just on the discussion about what gets kicked up. Guy had to kick up from an inheritance from his aunt.

S6e7

luxury lounge Chris does Hollywood. Punched Lauren Bacall.
Juliana margulies :heart_eyes:
Grown up aj is so punchable

S6 is off the rails. So much crazy stuff happened relative to the first five seasons.

California, Johnny cakes, AJ revenge
Meadow MIA most of season, Carmella in France/Europe, didn’t know Vito’s wife was Lorraine braco’s sister. AJ having sex 🫣, Tony’s gambling problem, Junior over the cuckoo nest, AJs cougar girlfriend, the runaway babies

Finale not nearly as tension filled as first time seeing it.

3 Likes

We are starting 5-10 tonight. Will look at these once we are finished.

Season 5 is so far and away better than S4 its quite frankly astounding to me that they are the same show.

OHHH FUUUCK

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1651250369392005121

13 Likes

Looks amazing.

Oh baby baby

1 Like

4 Likes