The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Mrs. Davis episode 1 is a stunning disappointment. WTF.

fell asleep midway into Mrs Davis.

Finished The Diplomat in record time. Love the international relations / crossed with personal relationships / spy v spy genre. And love me some Felicity. She burns through the screen and lets it all go, as opposed to the smoldering fury of The Americans

2 Likes

Just finished Beef and I really liked it too. There is plenty of stuff to quibble about tho including the one thing I’m bothered by,

who did the police shoot if it wasn’t Paul after he went over the wall?

But it worked for the most part and would recommend to a friend

I am fucking loving Diplomat as well.

This must be how people felt the first time they encountered Jack Ryan. Really humanizes the genre in a new way.

New season of Somebody, Somewhere tomorrow!!!

Spectre of the Gun is on MeTV right now, man it’s the greatest episode of Star Trek ever. It anticipates The Matrix in many ways, plus Kirk takes a flying jump kick at Wyatt Earp. Classic.

Yeah this a low key really good show that more people should watch

1 Like

Couldn’t get into Beef.

Does Tony love his wife? Yes

1 Like

EP2 of Beef much better. Looking forward to watching the rest of the show now.

Do they sit on your face to shut you up?

Watched Mrs. Davis, and now I may have a thing for Betty Gilpin.

2 Likes

Watching succession from the start.

It’s great. But oh my god are these people bad at being rich…

Season 1. The big wedding episode

1. He has to leave a party full of rich people to buy coke? And 2. Why doesnt he have like assistants and drivers to do this shit for him?

If I was a rich degenerate, I would have a team of 6 people on shifts. Their only job to keep me into and out of trouble.

2 Likes

Episode one of The Diplomat was pretty great.

I have/am posting about Beef while watching, and just reached episode 7 and 8 last night.

WTF! I definitely was not aware that there was a hard turn/shift situation. I cannot remember a show that ever jumped 6 months between episodes in the first season. It was very jarring and I’m not sure I liked it.

1 Like

Finished ep 3. This is awesome. I miss shows like this.

Betty Gilpin does not miss.

Her best movie IMO is The Hunt.

2 Likes

HELL YEAH! I just started Succession for the first time as well. I am on season 2 episode 2.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/melanielynskey/status/1620872576057892865?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1620872576057892865|twgr^e9d9159d61cffbf0d881aa39a25c31c530a6f73f|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thepinknews.com%2F2023%2F04%2F23%2Fmelanie-lynskey-lgbt-the-last-of-us-yellowjackets%2F

2 Likes
5 Likes