The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I forgot that you could get most movies with the dvd service.

I tried to watch s2e1 of Yellowjackets but had a hard time. Even after watching the massive recap I was lost and confused. A lot of the show conflates with that boy/girl plane crash one too. Donā€™t know if I will even try to get back into it.

Thats a fantastic episode.

I really want to hear your opinions on S4 when you get to them. It feels like an entirely different show

1 Like

I just found out that Amazon is adapting Cronenbergā€™s Dead Ringers as a series, and Rachel Weisz is playing the Jeremy Irons role

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

@Rugby I have a ton of book spoilers for you if you want to REALLY feel intellectually superior to everyone else watching the show :smiley:

2 Likes

I think itā€™s already out isnā€™t it?

Ha. No thank you! I am very anti spoiler.

I plan to finish the series unspoiled and then grab the book.

1 Like

Yeah. Looking forward to it. Iā€™m not sure how often Iā€™ve watched the whole show, but I do recall a few rewatches that didnt make it all he way through, so Iā€™ve seen the later series a few less times I reckon.

Mrs Rugby has been watched bit of it while Iā€™m watching. Her questions really show how good the show is.

Does Tony love his wife?
How does Ralphie feel about Jackie Jr?
Do Camella and the kids really know what Tony does?

And so I get to pause and explain 3 seasonā€™s worth of nuance to her

images (7)

2 Likes

oh yeah, thatā€™s what made it so useful. you could get so many good titles.

https://twitter.com/timeimmemorial_/status/1590208662727176193?t=IcGKVvgHOFL7rJxGk0uweQ&s=19

6 Likes
  1. What is love? Anyway, no.
  2. Nothing.
  3. Yes.
1 Like

Felt like I was grinding Succession on pure faith for the first five episodes, but when Brian Cox destroys all comers at that impromptu board meeting, I finally understood that Succession was simply setting the stage over an extended prologue.

Donā€™t really feel like any of the many many many spoilers Iā€™ve read ITT are ruining the experience. If anything, those spoilers are the only reason I kept faith.

1 Like

Human string cheese was a great line, tho.

3 Likes

Given the hype, was a tad disappointed in EP1 of Beef. Will trudge onward though.

It gets better

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m in, Neuromancer (book) meets Preacher which I didnā€™t love but have faith in Lindelof, hope its not a lot of moping around in the desert though.

1 Like

I agree with that, it takes several episodes to hit its stride. And then can still be a little uneven, but Iā€™m definitely enjoying it.

1 Like

And weirder!!! Those final episodes got a huge WTF from me.

1 Like