The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Greg?

She said something in that scene about Logan ā€œmaking arrangementsā€ and sending something to the lawyers, and asking Roman to look for it. So yeah she was definitely looking for something more than jewelry upstairs.

Rewatched Band of Brothers. Watching it this time being older and knowing all the survivors of easy company they interviewed have passed on made me feel a completely different way while watching.

Iā€™m putting that up as best hbo sjow of all time. found out they are doing a new Air Force version of this show.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t she say that Logan and her had planned to get married and she wanted to see if Logan had put anything on paper about that? It seemed like a bit of a hail mary but who knows what the old rascal was up to in his final days.

I just rewatched and she did mention marriage. I doubt that was ever in the cards, but when Connor is dropping $63 million on a handshake, I donā€™t think itā€™s crazy to think that Logan could have, at some point, written her into a will or made some other type of financial arrangement that might have been a token amount to him but life changing money to her

1 Like

That is a very funny joke.

4 Likes

Also did succession just do a bottle episode without anyone noticing?

• Logan meant it as an underline
  • Logan meant it as a strikethrough
  • Logan purposely left it ambiguous to fuck with people from beyond the grave

0 voters

1 Like

She is thinking about all the times she had a shrivelled, wrinkled, liver spotted, penis in her mouth and now she gets nothing because she didnā€™t get that ring. Iā€™d be bawling too.

1 Like

Spoilers please.

Nailed it

Tons of their episodes are bottle episodes.

Stop smiling.

1 Like

BofB

The local public access guy interview Bill Guaniere a few months before he passed. He hated Ambrose because he inferred they guys were going to get some money from the book. When Ambrose and Spielberg went to his house about the show, he pulled his gun out and threatened Ambrose.

They later sent Hanks alone. With a check.

Well worth an hour of your time. I donā€™t think the Ambrose story is in the video. We got that from the interviewer himself.

2 Likes

Least shocking news ever.

3 Likes

While I think thatā€™s possible, I donā€™t think that will be the case. There is already enough intrigrue and people fighting for the spoils to create compelling content for the final 5 episodes. Kerry is a minor character (and not a particularly interesting one either) and her whole plot arc is essentially dead. To keep her around with a story about how she was promised riches from Logan just seems like a waste of screen time.

3 Likes

Welp

medium warm take, succession still awful, as it always was, and it will not age well. itā€™s cinematically pretty. thatā€™s about it.

2 Likes