The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I finished Beef. Overall it was excellent, although I’m not yet sure what to think about the ending. One minor quibble:

$10 million didn’t seem like a big enough amount for the billionaire to spend so much time ironing out the deal or for Amy to be set for life afterwards. After taxes in California that would be less than $5 million, and it seems like she was already living an expensive lifestyle before her mother in law started blackmailing her. /bogleheads

I mean he was a lolcarsalesman

4th season isn’t the strongest but I didn’t find it terribad. Some great performances by Falco and Joey Pants imo

hang in there, 5th gets off the hook

Ive heard as much about 5 so Im basically just powering through. Im just not having a great time with it

Succession is so good.

3 Likes

GOAT show.

2 Likes

Ending it at episode 9 would have been fun.

God, I’m like two seasons behind on Succession. Looking forward to seeing whatever is blowing ya’lls minds.

Wasn’t a fan of the final episode. Entertaining show though I’ll continue watching it if more seasons are coming.

https://twitter.com/Srirachachau/status/1461048425034633216?t=b48uSjHGJ3LN3aYwVXoiFw&s=19

2 Likes

KenWA!!!

You have a couple Gougains in a vault in Geneva that haven’t seen the light of day in decades

-We should just burn them and collect the insurance

That is the dream. Uh, financially.

10 Likes

You’re going to love the wheels off 6th season then.

Succession question.

What are people’s reads of Kerry’s reaction this episode?

I seem to have a different read than many.

Now on YouTube and as a podcast episode.

2 Likes

My take is that there was some expensive jewelry upstairs that Logan had “gifted” her or promised to give her and she was desperate to go grab it. However, Marcia viewed it as him just letting his consort borrow the items, and so only brought her the items she actually owned. Kerry fell apart because she had basically sold herself out to Logan, but now was left alone without a job, money, or anyone to help her.

That’s my read too but lots of people saying they thought she was actually grieving his death.

I think it’s both. I also think she is going to try to sleep with or become part of team Roman.

Kerry is never on screen again and its not even close.

6 Likes

I definitely thought she wanted something specific upstairs. Based on the other plot, I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a piece of paper giving her something of value [and that that paper may or may not have found it’s way into a toilet

the interaction with Roman seemed intimate and alluded to Roman checking on something for her…