The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

i wanted to like picard but it wasn’t really clicking for me. i completely forget everything about seasons 1-3 and gave season 4 a shot and it’s actually really good. it probably helps that my expectations were beaten so low by three seasons of i don’t even remember what.

dr crusher had a lot of face work done and looks almost unrecognizable. riker got so fat he had to make a joke about how fat he’s gotten in the first scene he’s in so the audience doesn’t freak out. 7 of 9 looks amazing, was she 13 when she first did the character? we last saw her like 30 years ago, how is she possible? maybe she’s a robot in real life. picard looks super old, like he looks even older than his real age. you can hear in his delivery he’s getting old, i hope he lives forever and he’s just acting old. he’s a spectacular actor tho so maybe. his voice is way more youthful on american dad. worf has evolved into his final form as a zen master with a long white fu manchu lmao worf fucking continues to rule

i’m only halfway into the season but there’s just no way this ends up less than 5 bags

3 Likes

If they played for 60 hours, at 20 hands an hour that’s 1200 hands or $66/hand which is absurd, but there are home games that rake more than that going today.

Picard season 3 is what they should have gone with in the first place. S1 and 2 were a total waste of the IP, an entire season set in the 21st century? wat? S3 isn’t the greatest tv, but it is what an old-Picard show should be.

2 Likes

Hidden in there is that they are upping their sub price on 4K streaming from $15.99 to $20, not that they have a ton of 4K content anyway. Succession and Perry Mason are broadcast in 1080p ffs :roll_eyes:

I do think lifestyle is a huge part of it. These guys are apparently constantly spending money and not trying to invest and save.

“You are only as good as your last envelope.”

Wait, wat? What kind of crazy rake structure goes that high?

well they ARE thieves. they take what they want. pulling an extra high rake on a fair poker game is them being nice

Home games filled with morons who are willing to pay it because they get free drugs.

I’ve played a ton of home games, but never that kind of home game. It’s news to me that such a thing exists.

My weed dealer in college played poker and knew I played. He invited me to a game with other dealers. Fuck that.

yeah it’s pretty good, one of those shows where you kind of just hate everyone though but I don’t mind that.

Makes complete sense to live like that in their shoes, you’re most likely either going to jail or dead so why not.

We see that too how all the women end up broke pretty quick after their husband is gone - none of them have any savings. The whole you’ll be taken care of is complete bs.

Somebody kept Jenny in butter brickle

I can’t open the HBO Max app on my Fire stick right now, guess they shut it down early

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1646224768771948544?t=L0XQKNnxwb9tQKeHQ-ER2Q&s=19

8 Likes

Beef is fucking hilarious!

Slow start?? I loved the first episode.

1 Like

I hate it so much. They literally got rid of the wrong “word”.

1 Like

I think theres a ton of outgoing costs. People on the payroll. Corruption. Folks in prison. wives. Rental on shitty investments.

So dumb. I bet most people will still refer ro it as HBO so what’s the fucking point. Idiots

1 Like

One of these three brands has the most value. Guess which one! Then light it on fire :fire: