The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

But it moves slower than most shows in the same way his books move slower than most books.

But so many people poured their heart and soul into this production.

I liked the lotr-show. I didnt watch House of dragons outside of the first episode. For me its just that I want more Lotr stuff and want the story to be told which isnt the case with the prequel of the GoT stuff at all.

Might help that I couldn’t finish the Silmarillion because I found it boring.

1 Like

I enjoyed the Rings. Will continue watching.

Succession: I lol’d at human string cheese.

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1643709012146372609?s=20

This episode of Mandolorian was really dumb

The perfect streaming platform doesn’t exi–

Logan knows his kids are losers but is still completely content with them shitting all over people like Karl/Kerry/Tom in their roles as princes and princesses.

2 Likes

It’s clear to not only to him but to us that they’re dumb as rocks. Logan’s actually in the building looking to cut costs and increase revenue while they’re out there spinning news segments like Africa everyday, Global but hyperlocal, just spitting out non sense buzzwords. They’re also just awful people, Logan wears his contempt for humanity on his sleeve. The kids sneer and the local bar and the patrons. They’re not the misguided but good hearted kids trying to get one over the villain. If anything Logan came in trying to play nice because he knew they had the power and that they were the villains in the episode.

1 Like

The Mooch has a Logan take

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1643815257293438983

5 Likes

Pretty much goes for every episode this season imo.

Last Of Us Star Bella Ramsey Opens Up About Trans Identity, Shows Love For “trans, enby and gender funky friends"

Someone else just told me one of the stars of The Crown is also a trans actor. Fucking rad. I have a busy year of coverage and interviews to explore or conduct!!!

2 Likes

Watched the three-part Waco documentary series on Netflix. I think they could have explored the government’s mistakes just as well without being pretty explicitly pro-Branch Davidian. Also, I hate it when interviewees in these shows deliver lines that are clearly intended for dramatic effect. I suspect the show’s producers are scripting those lines and shooting multiple takes to get the right one, but even if it’s just the interviewee trying to look cool it really bothers me. And that happens a bunch in this one.

1 Like

Fuller is definitely gonna shit the bed

1 Like

Sopranos rewatch. Season 3. “University”

this is the episode about Ralph beating the stripper to death. I think this has to be the hardest hitting episode of the show. Hard to watch. I literally had to stop to take a break for 24 hours. Particularly effective are the constant back and forth contrasts between the mobsters at the strip club vs with their family and between Tracee and Meadow and her friends at university. I think this episode is peak delivery of the “you like these people because we made you like them but they are all fucking monsters” message that has been pretty explicit since series 1.

1 Like

I’m a huge spoiler avoidance slappy, but I think that spoilering Sopranos episodes is a bit much.

Hmm. I dont know. Theres a few folks doing a rewatch. I’d rather experience the show as fresh as possible, without being reminded in advance of the best parts.

But yeah. I’m not gonna get fussy if anyone else doesnt blur out Sopranos comments.

5 Likes

I believe there are a few of us on our first Sopranos viewing and perhaps more who haven’t yet seen it. Not going to cry about it but would prefer if spoilers were hidden as much as reasonably possible.

5 Likes

I think there is at least 4 people in here on a first watch. Probably ok to spoiler when we have announced it itt

1 Like