The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I read some of the comic (Y: The Last Man). I thought the art was awful and gave up on it. The story seemed kind of interesting.

1 Like

I always forget that part.

Brave

It was written by Brian K Vaughn. You are right, the art is to a taste, but his storytelling is so good.

Y the Last Man got him hired from seasons 3 to 5 of LOST. His first episode was The Man From Tallahassee where we find out how John Locke was put in a wheelchair.

His comic book season 8 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer was pretty effin’ good too!! So many kitty cats.

Oh yeah and Xander ended up with Buffy’s younger sister (THE KEY) Dawn :open_mouth:

Conner singing Leonard Cohen was so awesome because he is my favourite musician and it was just plot perfect.

This is top three episodes all time in terms of character development. Just awesome.

Pride Of Baghdad is also a high point of the genre.

I am also a big fan of Saga, although it is somewhat meandering. But I award a lot of points for originality and Saga is, if anything, original.

1 Like

https://medium.com/translating-everything/translating-everything-recaps-the-power-episode-3-5728a199a873?sk=b0c5fb2b1b5f5523898c9fb448eb575b

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

I think I got in like 4 episodes before realizing it wasn’t getting in better and not worth my time.

1 Like

Called it.

https://fanfare.pub/will-the-latest-lord-of-the-rings-spin-off-pass-the-game-of-thrones-test-6edbb3e8ee2d?sk=099ca724c8091dbb943b5212a865ebd7

So when journalist, entertainment reporter, and writer for Variety Michael Lee Simpson (offsite) asked me whether I was looking forward to the new Amazon series based on JRR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, I didn’t hesitate.

I told him the truth.

“It’s probably going to suck.”

But moments before I could tell him why it’s probably going to suck, he told me to wait my turn. I was going to be in his next article for Creative Screenwriting with at least three other people from the movie business:

• Actress/director/producer Anna Rezan (Like a Summer Night, Beauty Before Age, My People)
  • Writer, actor, and director Ricardo Cordero (The Escape, Pretend, the Suicide TV series)
  • David Seth Cohen, Founder of Legitimate Rascal Films and writer/director of Finding Sandler
  • and Stephenie Magister (that’s me!)
3 Likes

I haven’t even started it yet and I love LOTR. Guess I need to watch it before it gets written off and ends on Freevee.

Although I still haven’t watched any of The Hobbit trilogy, which I have never heard good things about but still feel compelled to watch some day.

Back to the sopranos

1 Like
2 Likes

I enjoyed the lotr show but when I realized there wasn’t gonna be any nudity I knew it wasn’t gonna be a hit

6 Likes

disagree, i hate on a lot of shows but that one was fine. certainly an easier watch in 1 hr episodes, than 3.5 hr installments of a trilogy. f that noise

1 Like

Can’t expect to keep watching a black elf when we all know the elfs are Aryans.

Joey Pants with hair is really throwing me off in S3

2 Likes

1 Like

Last episode of Succession was a classic. Amazing. On my third rewatch.

2 Likes

If you’re an LOTR fan, then it is plenty good enough.

It’s not surprising that people don’t finish. Would we be surprised that people don’t finish Tolkien’s books? It’s basically that style, turned into a TV series.

1 Like

The show moves faster than the books.