The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

AMC is showing Godfather II with motion smoothing right now.

Dare I ask how itā€™s goingā€¦

Smoothly, I imagine

3 Likes

:vince3:

OH SHIT A DUDE GOT WHACKED

1 Like

Some would say a little too smooth

Like visiting all art galleries wearing strongly yellow tinted glasses.

Anyone watching S2 of Perry Mason? I havenā€™t started it yet, wondering if itā€™s worth it.

Pretty excited to watch the Waco Netflix series. I remember the Branch Davidian incident from when I was a kid. Iā€™m really interested to see how different it is from what I remember. I was a member at a fundamentalist church at the time and I can remember adults in the church defending David Koresh

2 Likes

This is because fundamentalist conservative types are libertarians with respect to the government interfering with their activities. They will tend to leap to the defense of anyone else being ā€œoppressedā€ by the government because they want a free hand to do what they want to do, and will frame it as ā€œfreedom of religionā€ instead of just, you know, breaking the law.

1 Like

One comment that stuck in my mind was one of the deacons saying ā€œThe only thing the government has showed us is a guy reading from the Bible! They are coming after Christians!ā€ Even back then when I was really into the whole Church thing, I was skeptical of that take.

1 Like

This is a recent ep about Waco today. I learned lots I didnā€™t know.

Like the branch still exists and has strong Q crossover.

1 Like

The new season of South Park is excellent

1 Like

New episode of Picard is unreal good from the opening. Finallyā€¦Geordi!!!

Got a theory brewing about character reveals.

Beverly Crusher is the secret changeling. The real Beverly is already deadā€¦or held hostage and will be entirely different than who we think is the real Doctor Crusher.

Omfg the reference to Star Trek the Voyage Home is insane

Iā€™m enjoying it, itā€™s nothing spectacularly new, but is a solid crime/court drama with likable main characters.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/televisionaryzw/status/1639288096268369920?s=46&t=6KwCLZ-MgqFodL6jxLj6Nw

3 Likes

Tubi for real is an elite streaming platform

3 Likes

Honestly I was a hater at first but itā€™s clear Tubi is not fucking around. Look how hard that poster is, good lord.

2 Likes

Finished S1 of Sopranos. Officially hooked. Just one thing puzzles me about how the season ended:

Whereā€™s Pussy???