The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Russell Crow is god’s gift to hams!!!

My crops are prospering.

1 Like

Oh man, I literally just finished a Fringe rewatch.

RIP

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/tj_mackey432/status/1301253486391316480

1 Like

WAS amazing.

1 Like

Most recent Lance Reddick performances I saw were in Bosch and Horizon Forbidden West, and they were both great

1 Like

But now who will make the dinner reservations :frowning:

75134b40-313f-4bce-84f5-aa33b9eff8c6_text

The only one allowed to say these words :heart:

tumblr_f1e946be273ecd8a7a71882697d866d0_1aebbef0_500

5 Likes

Completely forget he was Horizon games, also reminds me I need to play the second one

1 Like

I guess Peter Falk loved going to trials? And took dates to night court.

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1636585975651393537

2 Likes

Give me a couple of months.

Amazing.

We just finished up the 5-part documentary series on The Comedy Store on Showtime

It was mostly pretty good. I have always been a comedy buff so it was a nice nostalgia hit for me. They talked a lot about Richard Pryor and Sam Kinison and Freddy Prinze and Robin Williams a few others who are no longer with us. I owned Pryor’s “Live on the Sunset Strip” and Kinison’s “Louder Than Hell” on cassette back in the day.

It came out in 2020, but I was never aware of it until now. I assume it was made because Mitzi Shore had died or was dying, and some of the footage MUST have been filmed before that, because there were some extensive interviews with Louis C.K. and Joe Rogan which focused solely on their comedy and not on their other shit. That aside, it was enjoyable and pretty funny to boot. Also a bit sad.

1 Like

Watched the first episode of Ted Lasso and it was OK but it reminded me of one of my main problems with the show. I don’t think the show’s view of romantic relationships is well developed or interesting. Like why is Ted estranged from his wife? I have no idea. She “doesn’t love him anymore” or something is the reason given. OK, sure, I guess, that happens. But they just tell us that while showing what a great guy and devoted father he is. Ted is handsome, charming, successful, kind, and thoughtful? What’s the issue? The show’s characterization of Ted invites that question over and over again, and the writers don’t even tell us, let alone show us.

1 Like

I appreciate your POV on this.

I haven’t seen an episode in a long time. I’m not sure which one of me saw it. But heyyyyyy my specialty for many years in publishing was as a story editor for romance books.

Let me check the show out again. I am curious to see what I think from the lens of your comment.

1 Like

I’m liking Under the Banner of Heaven, a true crime story about a Mormon family based on a book by John Krakauer. It’s on Hulu and stars Andrew Garfield as a Mormon detective.

2 Likes

This show creeped me the fuck out but Garfield is objectively a great actor

1 Like

Has it all dropped or is it still week to week?

It finished last June. I also enjoyed it and Garfield was pretty great.

Hell yeah some Spider-Man action of any other name.

Without spoiling anything, the penultimate episode is directed by Isabel Sandoval, the trans director from the Philippines who also directed Shangri La and a short film called The Actress, what I consider to be the Asian trans short film version of Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Garfield said in an interview, “[Isabel Sandoval] was so precise, so sensitive, so professional, so talented, and astute, and I really, really enjoyed her as a director.”

One Letterboxed user reviewed the episode as: “10/10 beautiful trans girl multi hyphenate excellence."

The director tweeted the quote next to Andrew Garfield’s quote lmaoooooooooo

https://twitter.com/isabelvsandoval/status/1478379396444602370

I have been trying to give Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount+ a shot but think I’m giving up. The dialogue and setups are so over the top. I liked Sicario and Hell or High Water, but Taylor Sheridan’s TV stuff just really doesn’t do it for me.

new Vanderpump Rules tonight lol supposed to be scandalous

2 Likes