The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

This is fair. He is the least redeeming main character in tv history I think.

Same. Gave us early.

It really is a best of all time show is you just accept everyone is awful.

No show about cops can be the best show of all time.

Absolutely. That is why Benoit Blanc says all he can do is merely reveal the truth. The rest is up to the law.

Hold onā€¦ Is Benoit a scummy enabler?!

Holy shit, this just popped up in my Twitter feed. I didnā€™t know that Atlanta episode was literally based on a real event.

https://twitter.com/vidsthatgohard/status/1634046728105267200

1 Like

Itā€™s great when actors take the time to do a deep dive into their artistry and motivations

https://twitter.com/rajat_suresh/status/1634356046255849472

3 Likes

Itā€™s a show about how all cops are corrupt.

Rajat and Jeremy are so good.

1 Like

You gotta give ā€¦ it up for Netflix, which keeps renewing televisionā€™s No. 1 comedy (or No. 2, depending on whether Coffin Flop is even ā€œa showā€). Today, Netflix announced that I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson will return for its third season on May 30.

4 Likes

Rewatching Youā€™re the Worst (great show check it out) and caught a detail I missed before that made me laugh. In S2e1, Jimmy and Gretchen go on multiple binges that lead to them waking up somewhere other than their bed. In each of the instances Jimmy wakes up gasping which I always read as him being startled awake either by the drugs wearing off or having a bad dream or something.

But no, its established early on that Jimmy has sleep apnea and wears a CPAP, and those jolts awake gasping for air are a clear apnea gasp, and I totally missed it before. Love that detail

3 Likes

Love that show

1 Like

Your all-time favorite TV character(s)?

Mine:

4 Likes

Iā€™m embarrassed to say I donā€™t know who any of these are.

1 Like
6 Likes

If you truly havenā€™t seen this then oh bb you are in for a good ride

Could listen to Jim Byrnes read a grocery list. That smooth blues voice.

1 Like
4 Likes

On the same spectrum is what Iā€™ll call ā€œthe cry trackā€

Highlander: the series was unique in that if you werenā€™t sure how hard you were supposed to cry at what just happened, the show would let you know by once again playing ā€œDust in the Windā€

The only possible way to get bigger tears from the audience in the final moments of the Duncan-led series was to turn to olā€™ faitfhul ā€œBonnie Portmoreā€ from the movie Highlander 3

The one thing Iā€™ll never forgive the show for doing is casting Roland Gift in a recurring role across four seasons and not once playing anything from Fine Young Cannibals.

Anyway, if you were a fan of Highlander, Adrian Paul is now offering swordfighting lessons as part of an international tour with The Sword Experience. Would be lying if I said 16-year-old me isnā€™t interestedā€¦

1 Like

Definitely a big issue with the wire.