The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Picard S1 was good I thought. I never got around to S2 b/c I heard it was shit, but sounds like it’s back with S3.

I’m just 5 minutes into this video but I don’t think the concept is wrong at all, you basically can’t make a realistic or insightful TV show or movie about American culture without having it be “about” toxic masculinity in some way. Toxic masculinity is so ingrained in American culture that any high quality TV show with well developed characters is going to bring that in somehow.

1 Like

Thirtysomethingcast

1 Like

The Breaking Bad finale is as good as TV gets.

I haven’t thought about it much, but I don’t think I would have it in my top ten BB episodes.

Its probably around 7 for me, which puts it around 15 or so for the Badiverse

Given how many series absolutely fucking faceplanting their endings, BB was about as good as it gets.

1 Like

Where do you place the Rian Johnson episode :popcorn:

1 Like

I have it above the finale but im weird.

Maybe ill do a full list

2 Likes

I think it’s above the finale too

1 Like

s3
one minute
Fly
Half measures
Full measures

s4
box cutter
crawl space
face off

s5
Gliding Over All
Confessions
To’Hajiilee
Ozymandias

Ignoring S1 and S2, I have these episodes over Felina. Probably others as well if I looked closer.

This was pretty good even if the internet spoiled it

Oh nice another Fly appreciator

2 Likes

What a show. Time to watch the first three seasons if you haven’t already.

4 Likes

The shield finale says hi!

The Shield is my personal One Weird Show where everyone else who has similar tastes to me loves it but I didn’t like it. I think a lot of people have one like this.

5 Likes

It’s an easy one to understand people not liking. It’s the most anti-hero of all the shows. Not a single character on it is redeeming.

Justified’s finale, like the rest of the show, is underrated.

1 Like

Even if you didn’t like it, it would be hard to say they didn’t stick the landing on that one.

Could be, I disliked the main character so much I didn’t watch it through.