The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Last night’s SNL guest Travis Kelce was stunningly funny. He’s got excellent comedic timing.

4 Likes

Correct

KEEP GOING

2 Likes

I see you

1 Like

How is Tom Hardy so compelling in memes but so drab in the movies those memes are from

3 Likes

I’ve watched every episode of every NCIS variant but I haven’t watched a single episode in any of the shows in the Law & Order and CSI franchises.

Whoa now, I have a big man rush on tom hardy I will not stand for this slander

3 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but your taste in TV sucks. Sorry for the bad news.

7 Likes

I liked the last season of Game of Thrones. Season six was the second-best season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

1 Like

Anyways, NCIS fills that need for a TV show I can sort of watch without paying close attention.

Watched episode one of History of the World Part II. Not every joke lands, but enough do to make it worth watching if you liked the style of humor of the original movie.

Need an auto :leolol: whenever Bruce posts itt

4 Likes

Love has blinded you to how boring this man is on screen. And yet I can’t look away!

Have you seen Legend, where he plays 2 twin gangster brothers? That’s one of his best performances I think, the movie isn’t great but he defintely elevates it

Is season 6 not usually considered good ? I thought it was clearly the best when I binged the whole series (many years ago).

Might just be the online communities I was engaged with at the time, but I felt there were a lot of people who thought it was too dark and triggering, that it was almost sadistic in what it put Buffy through, that Marti Noxon was using the show to work out personal issues, that the Trio couldn’t be taken seriously as villains, that it used the “bury your gays” trope, that the magic=drugs metaphor was bad.

Rotten Tomatoes has it as the lowest-rated season.

That’s interesting, i had no idea. I can see all these points as being correct but none of those bothered me at the time.

Would it just be better to watch the original!

TLoU episode 8 was great. Wonder how they’ll wrap things up in 43 minutes?

Oh you sweet summer child

1 Like