The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Really? I thought it was the least interesting episode so far.

There were a lot of things for me to enjoy, but I can see how it might not be everyone’s cup of tea

The intro sequence was some great show-don’t-tell film making, JGL is good in anything, was fun to see Charlie’s beefcake boyfriend, Stephanie Hsu is very big right now, some good references to the Shining and other films

1 Like

I missed the references. JGL seemed fine, but I think anyone could have played that role.

Can’t understand why he wouldn’t tip the food delivery bro since it was the literally the same guy every time. He might be stingy, but surely he wouldn’t want the dude to mess with his food in some way (even worse than what he did). Even rich assholes tip in that spot 100% of the time.

Also didn’t like how Charlie essentially became indestructible and survived two things that should snap kill anyone. Just because someone has plot armor, doesn’t mean you have to use it repeatedly.

Mortimer was way too casual around JGL when getting the car as a pay off. Should have held him at gunpoint the whole time.

Beefcake BF also was random and made no sense. The dude barely saw her and it’s not clear why he would be interested in her. They have made her look about as unattractive as they possibly can. Maybe it was one of those references that I missed.

“Most importantly …” and it cuts off? Clearly a nod to the Sopranos ending

1 Like

She is teh one :pray:

1 Like

this trailer actually looks pretty decent but i am huge peter pan fan

1 Like

Same!!! I loved the last live action movie. Loved Hook. Follow the actor who played Rufio. Saw Return to Neverland in the theater. Consider Finding Neverland to be Johnny Depp’s exception. Entered and lost a screenplay competition in which the Muse for classic stories is put on trial and one witness is a Peter Pan who has grown up a few minutes at a time every journey to earth out of Neverland.

This looks awesome.

1 Like

Question for the thread.

If you were going to mention 3 shows in a sentence or discussion.

Two of those shows are the Wire and Sopranos.

What’s the 3rd? And what are you saying?

“Seinfeld, like The Wire and Sopranos, was a TV show.”

1 Like

“Board Walk Empire might not be as good as The Wire or The Sopranos, but it’s very unrated.”

the actor who played christopher in the sopranos rewatches american dad more than the wire, and he’s a pretty serious actor so american dad must be next-level good

4 Likes

The three best shows of all time are The Sopranos, The Wire, and Game of Thrones. Yes, Game of Thrones, stop being mad about the shitty ending.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I cheated and used chat gpt

the third show that is often mentioned alongside The Wire and The Sopranos is Breaking Bad. The statement could be discussing the popularity or impact of these shows on the television industry and popular culture

2 Likes

Released in 1999, 2001, and 2002, the Sopranos, the Wire, and this third show are generally considered the three shows that catapulted public perception of HBO Original Programming from novelty to prestige.

What is Six Feet Under?

Actual Jeopardy question with the same answer: “Putting the final nail in the coffin in 2005: Everyone’s Waiting”

3 Likes

I kind of enjoyed 6 feet under. Although I stopped watching at some point and never picked it up.

My one concern. Its kind of in that genre of very good shows/movies primarily about middle class white people stuff.

1 Like

Michael K. Williams appeared in The Wire, The Sopranos, and Community

I have never watched The Wire, The Sopranos, or Breaking Bad.

2 Likes

That makes sense.

Did you never watch the finale???

It is widely and justifiably considered one of the best series finales of all time. The outro scenes alone set a standard almost no other show will ever live up to.

3 Likes

The Wire and The Sopranos glorify violence, but liberal fanboys tend to enjoy them more than Girls.