The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Rewatching episode 1 of The Prisoner as one does and it’s ridiculous how well-directed and edited this was. The storytelling and world building goes by at a breakneck pace, it’s full of wild dramatic cuts and shots. Modern TV shows would spend an entire season covering this much ground. Really there was just nothing like this on TV until Twin Peaks.

The Last of Us The mall episode was fucking amazing. I had thought that Joel was Game of Thrones: “Surprise we kill main characters on this show” dead. I basically paused the screen at the end of that episode and started thinking about my life - what really matters. It’s been a really long time since TV made me that do.

5 Likes

The show is delivering week after week as well or better than the game, which was widely regarded as a masterpiece. It’s appointment viewing as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

The Sopranos is tragically enhanced by James Gandolfini’s own short life.

Some scenes involving Meadow

1 Like

On EP2 and still don’t know who anyone is other than Tony and some guy named Pussy.

3 Likes

1st ep of the Party Down revival is pretty fun. They brought back all of the old cast except Lizzy Caplan.
(I haven’t rewatched the old ones since they came out, although I’m now tempted to)

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve seen the original Party Down quite a few times. Watched it recently and didn’t really vibe with it as much as i did in the past. Maybe it didn’t age well or it just doesn’t hold up to a bunch of viewings. Looks like I need Starz to watch the new season, maybe I’ll sign up for a month.

1 Like

Ah yes the show my dumb ass quoted without knowing what any of it meant.

I yelled JUST CALL ME MISSUS BUTTERWORTH and my friends laughed and laughed…

Not to mix threads too often but one of his last movies was also a very sweet romcom with Julia Louis Dreyfus :heart::heart::heart:

Rest of the cast is stacked too.

1 Like
3 Likes

Same. I noticed on the recent rewatch they got a lot of mileage out of gay jokes. Or whatever you’d call it telling or implying or suggesting that a straight character was gay, which I vaguely recall being funny 10 years ago but it’s incredibly cringey now.

Is the person who came up with the Netflix Ba-Dum sound the same one who did the Law & Order Dun Dun?

“Where the wild things are” with James Gandolfini as a monster… an experience.

1 Like

TLoU

Did we see the bullet going through Joel’s body, or is Ellie sowing with the bullet still inside? Cause that’s not a good idea bro.

the needle looked pretty dirty too

Is it a good one? I couldn’t imagine the movie being good but I’ll warm it up if it’s worth at least a single.

I kind of enjoyed it. It’s kind of soulful and looks great and Gandolfini is great. But not sure I would rewatch.

1 Like

He wasn’t shot? Lmao

That’s Big Pussy to you. Put some motherfucking respect on it!

5 Likes