The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I hope you will be changing your avatar to whoever the team are playing each episode.

3 Likes

I think they’re all fictional teams. Hot Spurs, Crystal Palace, Tot and Ham.

1 Like

Plus I think there’s a team called Arse and all which is like come on guys put a bit more effort into this writing.

1 Like

That’s what I say every episode just rubbish

star-trek-star-trek-tos
84aa788b-e6d7-468b-a24e-8029b319921d_text

1 Like

Not a you problem, you can barely fully upgrade everything in 2 playthroughs.

I like to turn all the difficulty sliders to grounded but resource materials to very light so you can play the game more as a shooter instead of having to brick or choke out 95% of enemies. But the game is still a bit of a challenge with no listen mode, you die in 1 or 2 shots etc. Fun way to do a new game+ replay.

Based on you liking The Americans I suggest checking out Berlin Station and Homeland

Not even a meme, an actual picture from TV guide in 1986. I thought I saw every episode but I have no memory of this

3 Likes

Physical 100. Episode 7.

they definitely cheated/fixed it for a the third team. The third team couldnt move the boat, they clearly made it lighter. You could see it in how the boat moved. Also. I’m having some beirenstein bear moment. But I swear the pully set up for the other teams was different. I need to go back and check

Interesting catch. I wasn’t paying enough attention, but that would make a ton of sense b/c I just don’t see how that team with half women, 1 injured dude and the rest of the team smaller guys would be remotely competitive much less only finish 2 minutes behind.

I’ve lost a bit of interest and have mostly been fast forwarding. Just too many scenes where they’re about to announce results, but then you have 5 minutes of people saying “I really hope we win”.

Also the unintentional comedy of the scenes where someone does something unexpected, and everyone lets out an “ohhhhhhhhh” and they replay the sound 5x.

Awesome concept and great production values, but I feel like the execution is severely lacking.

I was pleased to see Kang-Min ghana Kang-Min with his 1 minute of effort, sweat profusely, then bow out. Dude looks like The Hulk, but has the functional strength of Bruce Banner.

1 Like

2 Likes

I checked. The pulley was the same in previous episodes. Maybe the weight was handicapped based on the weight of the contestants? And that changed the friction on the boat?

Also possible that they just used a more optimal method for moving the boat. Maybe used the logs better as well as the pulley. For sure one team didn’t know how to use the pulley and maybe that’s where time was made up.

I think the first team didn’t set up the pulley optimally, but they still got the best time.

The mythological challenges were pretty good.

Pretty funny that two of them were geared specifically towards the winners. I hope the cyclist wins the stone rolling challenge.

I found it funny that 4 of the challenges were pretty physically demanding and the 5th was just jumping a fence 3x and running a bit, lol.
Sad to see Sexyama go, but at his age he was probably drawing dead against this field.

Okay so I wasn’t going to give this the time of day, but Dave Chen on the Filmcast gave this a CACKLING endorsement.

This is an amazing TV show. It is one of the only things I’ve seen hook my wife like this. Now she is interested in playing!

The only thing that has me more excited than finishing season 1 of the US version is that Den of Geek said the original UK version “has a deliciously unaffected ruthlessness.”

Got all my money in on the trans/non-binary contestant Andie Vanacore bringing it home. No one spoil what happens!!!

“Growing up I would have never thought I could be anyone but ‘Angela’, the girl who had to fit the mould of what her small town told her she had to be,” they wrote.

“So I conformed and played the part. Until I gave myself permission to be who I was meant to be. My life completely changed when I stepped into my truth.

“I’m confidently trans-non-binary and adored by my loving and supportive partner of nine years. I am Andie,” they added. “Life is what you make it so live your truth.”

Just binged the first six episodes of Poker Face. I agree it’s awesome and it’s nice to know it will have a second season.

2 Likes

TLOS

Sorry, not giving her a pass here. That is, I think the blood rubbing was mostly done to comfort Sam, perhaps with a tiny dose of hope. So that’s fine.

But not telling Henry (and Joel)? She knows he’ll likely turn, and possibly during the night. She’s denying Henry a chance to say goodbye. Plus zombie Sam could kill Ellie, or wound Joel and Henry.

I get the comfort part, but I think this was sloppy writing.

Night Court season 1, episode 6 tried to do some social justice stuff. A quick perusal of Twitter has predictable complaints about the show being too woke.

I think shes just an idiot. That’s consistent with her character.

RE: Last of Us the only thing I would add is that I like Melanie Lynskey and think she deserves to play something other than what she always plays, but I think she was miscast.