The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Watched Jim Jefferies’s newest special High and Dry.

Crushed it most of the way though the joker about The Bachelor sucked and was too long. Aside from that, still damn good.

1 Like

Rose ain’t fucking around.

Saw this pop up yesterday and was excited for it so glad to hear.

I thought she was pretty hot on Two and Half Men.

Rose-two-and-a-half-men-4268421-461-354

1 Like

we have one more month to watch arrested development on netflix. they’re even ditching the seasons they produced for netflix, from netflix. rip

Wtf that’s bullshit. Is it going anywhere else?

It sounds like maybe Disney is just not negotiating with Netflix for a renewal of an expiring license.

She was great as the fiancee in Key and Peele.

But nothing beats her early role next to Drew Barrymore in Ever After as the nice stepsister who just wants to eat food.

1 Like

It will probably end up on tubi or roku

Finally finished Battlestar Gallactica. It started strong, but I really don’t think they stuck the landing. I know you’re supposed to suspend disbelief, but so many things just don’t make sense even in the context of the world that they created. Solid show but not top tier.

1 Like

I loved the original. I was probably about 13 when it started.

The ending of kara’s story was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever watched.

Yeah, definitely. Probably worse than Lost which I hated the ending of.

Too many bears, not enough beets.

2 Likes

The first episode of the third and final season of Picard has me optimistic that it will be an enjoyable final outing for these characters.

1 Like

This is some good shit: You’ll Never Watch Game Of Thrones The Same Way Again

1 Like

Poker Face is so good. Natasha could do this for decades.

3 Likes

My son got into watching Battlebots and it’s fun. About the most wholesome fighting competition you could get. The color commentary is fine, the intros are fun, and there’s a surprising lack of forced reality show drama. It’s just some robots fighting.

8/10

3 Likes

tlou

this episode makes no sense. why can’t joel and tommy both take the girl to colorado? theres no reason it has to be one or the other. joel risks his life to travel across the country just to meet his brother only to just send him off into danger to get killed while he stays in the commune? makes zero sense. this was the worst episode imo
edit: i wrote that before finishing the episode, it looks like joel and ellie are going to colorado, it still made zero sense to me

1 Like

Watched my first EP of Sopranos. Wasn’t bad but it felt a little dated to me. Kind of feels like something that was groundbreaking in its day but since surpassed by shows that were inspired by it.

I know it’s considered an iconic show around these parts, so hopefully it’ll get better as the season progresses.

2 Likes