The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Last of Us episode 5.

are is everyone just glossing over how fucking dumb Elle is? Oh. Im gonna rub some magic blood on you and then go to sleep without telling either of the adults. Adults who a) could have said goodbye to the kid and maybe come to terms with it a bit better or even b) assuming your blood IS actually magic, do more than a half hearted job of rubbing it on the outside of the wound. Like ffs. I thought this kid was supposed to be a survivor

I took that scene as her both not really understanding science (she said FEDRA school was shitty) combined with wanting to comfort Sam so he wouldnā€™t be afraid. I donā€™t think sheā€™s dumbā€¦ recall the convo in episode 3 where she didnā€™t even know how the outbreak started or how it spread at first. Sheā€™s a kid who has never been taught that kind of thing, FEDRA school is shitty, and sheā€™s also a teenager who thinks sheā€™s invincible. All teenagers are like that.

1 Like

Yah, thatā€™s what I suspect as well. The dudes who can dead lift a car might be able to carry one or 2 huge loads of sand, then theyā€™re all but spent. I also think the bridge played a massive role as well. The teams that rushed thru lost a ton of time when their bridge continually fell apart. The stunt woman crushed that part of the challenge and probably was the reason her team won.

This last episode was just OK for me. The whole episode really had a video game mission feel to it which I didnā€™t really care for.

3 Likes

Seems to me that HBO Max has really wonky volume on its shows. Some are too quiet with the sound turned up all the way for me. And itā€™s across a couple of different devices. Dune was terrible for this.

I think this is a fair comment even though I am still enjoying the show on balance.

I havenā€™t played the game but I was like man I can see playing as Joel in this scene in the window

1 Like

Yeah, same.

At least the spared you the tedium of going through every damn house on that street and searching every cupboard and drawer for supplies. Apparently people in suburban KC (in the game Iā€™m 99% sure it was Pittsburgh) like to keep 3 bullets in their kitchen junk drawer, then another bullet and shiv in their nightstand upstairs. I think about half the gameplay was spent scavenging for supplies.

1 Like

I know the original is supposed to be a masterpiece, but I could never get into the game after the first clicker fight. The entire fucking combat interface is dismal, and I abaolutely could not be assed to do the scavenging shit. I missed out im sure, but I really loved the opening 20 minutes of the game and absolutely hated the next twenty minutes, so this series has been great as its filling in a lot of my gaps

I thought I was pretty thorough in looting, but by the end I was nowhere near having all my weapons fully upgraded. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s even possible on a single play through.

Itā€™s not possible on the first playthrough to fully upgrade everything

I actually really enjoyed that. I thought it was great that they kept some of the game type elements like the big boss monstersā€¦ bloaters maybe? while still keeping it as a serious show where you care about the characters. Itā€™s a fine line.

I havenā€™t played the game. But slightly tempted to buy a playstation just to give it a go.

1 Like

I can see thatā€¦I donā€™t know exactly why it bothers me when this show verges into video game cut scene territory.

If yā€™all havenā€™t played the last of us. Do it. Even just put the difficulty on easy so you can live the story

1 Like

The Mandalorian is coming back on March 1st. Do I need to watch any of Book of Boba Fett to catch up on the story?

Yes, thereā€™s information about the Darksaber and very clear set-up for the next season of The Mandalorian. If you want to skip the unrelated stuff, start at episode 5.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the premiere ad for the game imo. Second only to his video on Super Mario Odyssey. Lol that poor rabbit.

And if anyone is like lol ainā€™t nobody got time for that, ZackScottGames and his adorable kitty cat have amazing Letā€™s Play videos that make me feel like Iā€™m playing with him.

I was real nervous about playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds because A Link to the Past puzzles kicked my ass for weeks as a kid. But Zackā€™s commentary is like all of the wtf and yay stuff of my internal voice as he plays.

If you just want some LOL LMAO retrospectives about the game :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AFCRichmond/status/1625494402528579585

5 Likes

havenā€™t been this excited for soccer since season 2 of Ted Lasso

1 Like