The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Awww, I miss Thingy

If you want to go way back Our House also made a website explicitly to run WW games more smoothly. But the important difference was Our House didnā€™t go out of his way to find every WW forum and invite them to a new site.

1 Like

Iā€™d kinda like to play WW again. Itā€™s such a ginormous time sink though.

1 Like

Jesus Christ this fucking show! Not sure how much of this I can take.

Last of us.

2 Likes

I am still enjoying it a lot.

I think it was a missed opportunity to be so explicit about the Kansas FEDRA people being Bad Guys that deserved to be overthrown. I realize this is supposed to give Angry Kansas Karen some character depth and I donā€™t hate it. But given the events of the past few years, personally I think it would have been more on point to have FEDRA be some kind of bland administrative organization that was overthrown by Mushroom Truthers that were mad that FEDRA wonā€™t let them keep infected people as pets. MUH FREEDOM!

Glad I finally got to see what happened to Joel all those times I got caught by a bloater

3 Likes

Donā€™t get we wrong. I love it. Itā€™s just brutal to
watch.

2 Likes

Lots of cool easter eggs in that one, though they kind of just glossed over the tunnels and didnā€™t show the brutal discovery there from the game. Donā€™t mind the creative ways they are streamlining the story though. It makes sense for TV.

Iā€™m guessing with 4 eps left we get one in Wyoming, two-parter in Colorado, and then finale in SLC

Is this supposed to be a one season show or with the plot of the video game play out over several seasons?

Oof my fucking heart, man

I believe they say season 1 covers the first game and the DLC, and season 2 will cover game 2. Who knows what happens after that

My wife doesnā€™t like scary shows, so Iā€™ve been telling her whatā€™s going to happen before each episode. Somehow that makes it easier for her to watch.

2 Likes

The name of episode 7 is Left Behind (which is the name of the DLC) so thatā€™s going to be another gut punch of a stand alone episode.

1 Like

That makes sense. Donā€™t wanna spoil but now I have an idea how ep 6 will end

10 Likes

God willing

2 Likes

Oh hey if you are enjoying Poker Face and want more whodunits that know just how to play with your genre expectations, check the new season of You.

The main character is a serial killer who is also a literary snob.

Definitely a fun show from beginning to end, but each season sorta reinvents itself if you want to start with the new season and then go back to the beginning.

This is the way

2 Likes

I used to have a nanny who claimed to have gone on a date with Penn Badgley. But she seemed to make a lot of stuff up.

1 Like

On a barely related note of celebrity and childcare, my first college girlfriend (who Iā€™ve remained friendly with over the years) has a daughter who for a couple of years worked as Alan Ruckā€™s nanny.

1 Like