The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Your post is all spoilered on my screen

Kansas Karen :rofl:

But yeah I liked the episode, wonder what their thought process was with the Ellie shooting scene, Iā€™ll listen to the podcast this afternoon Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be talked about.

LOL Iā€™m elsewhere getting ratioed :sob:

1 Like

Yeah. I had to add 3 seperate sets of tags. One for each paragraph

I would watch a prequel based in Dorne, but only if they mashed the pedal down on the nudity. Iā€™m talking Pascal full frontal.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll support whatever Pascal does. He came out swinging for his sister Lux when she came out as trans, and heā€™s insisted on LGBTQ+ representation in his projects going forward, eg the running ā€œbisexualā€ gag in the SNL skits. An ally is an ally, even if heā€™s in a zombie show.

4 Likes

For some reason, that sparks the idea of a zombie story where most zombies only go after the brains of one gender, so you are safe around zombies if not their type.

The zombies die if you cancel them for assuming a victimā€™s gender.

2 Likes

The Woke Mob are the real zombies, if you think about it.

1 Like

This is the way youā€™d have to go. Otherwise youā€™d need to defend how zombies can tell what gender a person is and why that explanation isnā€™t just the writers revealing their biases about what counts and doesnā€™t count as a real man or woman. IDK you could have a lot of fun with that as satire, but the best representation Iā€™ve seen of this sort of gendered apocalypse is Manhunt by Gretchen Felker-Martin.

What about racist zombies that only eat white people?

TLoU spoliers(?)

Does the show explain how Elle knows how to drive stick?

This, but just as the zombie is about to get you, if you say ā€œbut some of my best friends are zombiesā€ then they canā€™t eat you.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind this zombie, heā€™s very clean cut. A credit to his zombie race.

3 Likes

Why canā€™t the zombies be the good guys, giving us the apocalypse we deserve?

They werenā€™t exactly zombies, but thatā€™s the plot of the book I Am Legend. But not the Will Smith movie adaptation.

Am I allowed to love the movie? Cause I loved it. Mostly because of the evocative mood. Though I kinda hate it for the doggie part :( :( :(

1 Like
4 Likes

looks like weā€™re getting a bloater

and ep will be available for streaming on Friday night!

For sure. Itā€™s a good movie, even those silly ā€œno rep/half repā€ pull ups Will Smith does to show off how skinny his arms are.

And they gave us this shot as he drove through downtown years before WB actually made Batman v Superman.

1 Like