The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

If you haven’t seen The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent yet, you’ll see Pascal’s comedic talents on display. He’s also reportedly quite a silly dude in real life.

To me it always seems like SNL lives or dies by the writing.

2 Likes

Oh holy shit the new cast looks awful

Sarah Sherman is awesome, but she’s not for everyone.

1 Like

I think so too, though Keegan-Michael Key also showed that the host having final cut on which sketches are picked can have a huge impact on whether a comedic genius is a comedic dud for a night. Thank goodness for Reboot.

https://twitter.com/DonnGunvalson/status/1620891308847161344

Some Sarah Sherman SNL stuff:

This new show Extraordinary on Hulu is extra…err pretty good!!

Everyone gets a power by 18 years old…except the main character. Tons of laughs each 30 minute episode. Make sure to watch for the tag during every end credits for one final LMAO.

1 Like

Fargo is amazing. I’ve been enjoying it more than The Last of Us.

Ban.

Wait, which season?

I’m just starting on season 1.

2 Likes

All seasons of Fargo are great but season 2 is a fucking masterpiece. I believe we get season 5 sometime this year.

I still haven’t seen season 4 but I loved 1-3. Some people didn’t like 3 as much, and I understand where they’re coming from, but holy smokes what a performance by Thewlis.

Seasons 3 & 4 are definitely a bit of a departure from 1 & 2 (4 even more so) but are still extremely good and maintain the Fargo vibe quite well.

I stopped S4 of Fargo 3 or 4 episodes in and never went back to it. I loved S1, 2 and 3 I don’t remember much about but I know I enjoyed them.

Oh god, no. I dont like any of that

Was season 4 the one with Chris Rock? If so, same. I really loved the first two seasons.

1 Like

Yeah it was, KC mob wars in the 50s or 60s type stuff was the setting.

We should make a list of shows that start strong and suddenly take a left turn into mediocrity or just plain awful.

Dexter and Homeland immediately come to mind, hmm must be a Showtime thing

1 Like

GoT has to be number 1 on the list.

Two ones that immediately come to mind that I really enjoyed and then fell off were Prison Break and Heroes.

Also, True Detective, but I feel it wasn’t really a series as each Season wasn’t really related other than using the same name.

2 Likes