The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Agree with these.

Would add

Goliath
Weeds (Showtime again?!)
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead
The Last Of Us (all downhill after the peak of ep 3)
Grey’s Anatomy
The Office
Community
Glee
Westworld
Gilmore Girls

Hard disagree. Yes, Season 4 was bad, but Seasons 5 and 6 were very solid - even if they did suffer a bit due to the lack of Troy and Peirce.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll shamefully admit I did not watch the final stuff on Yahoo. If you say it’s good I’ll reverse course.

Yeah, I would highly recommend watching them if you enjoyed Seasons 1-3. I just did a rewatch during Pandemic and they still hold up. Honestly even Season 4 isn’t terrible, just suffers because of the wasted potential.

1 Like

Yeah but hey gas leaks happen it was no one’s fault

1 Like

IIRC Dan Harmon is a good example too of someone who fucked up behind the scenes and just made amends until this time he was the guy they kept (ie Rick & Morty) while they let the other guy go.

Sexual misconduct

On January 2, 2018, Harmon alluded to sexual misconduct from himself towards other people. Megan Ganz, a writer who worked with him on Community, named herself as a victim of his misconduct. In response to his apology and willingness to make things right, Ganz said that while she appreciated his gestures, she was not yet ready to forgive him.

After the exchange, he made a lengthy apology on his podcast Harmontown and went into detail about his wrongdoings, which included making advances on Ganz and then mistreating her after she turned him down. Ganz ultimately accepted his apology; she said that she felt vindicated by his admission, called it a “masterclass in how to apologize”, and urged her Twitter followers to listen to it.

Makes me more motivated to look at the art he was producing during that period of reflection :+1:

On the plus side weed’s final episode was extremely good.

Another GoT vote here. Feels like we’ve done this before :thinking:

1 Like

Lords of cuisine bless you valiant souls who kept watching long enough to find out whether terrible shows ever reclaimed a moment of glory :pray:

2 Likes

Nothing beats Heroes imo

3 Likes

Didn’t think weed ever got terrible tbh.

I distinctly remember the last episode as awesome and slightly reminiscent of six feet under’s final episode. Which is top 3 final episode material imo.

1 Like

The Simpsons doesnt really belong. When you make 60-75 straight episodes of not only good, but possibly the best thing ever put on TV, you get a pass when you change showrunners.

Edit: just looked at the numbers. Seasons 4-8 have a total of 119 episodes. There are a total of 2 bad episodes (3 if you count Round Springfield which is fair but I think wrong overall.) And they are both clip shows.

So 117/119 with the two bad episodes being contractualy obligated crap.

Thats incredible. There isnt a better run in the history of TV

3 Likes

Yeah that was something else. AWESOME season 1, then apparently they forgot to story. Super weird.

2 Likes

+1

Channeling Hitler was hilarious.

1 Like

Weeds o man there’s a show i forgot about, I seem to remember it falling off pretty bad but it’s been a long time since I watched.

Westworld definitely

1 Like

Lost

2 Likes

Yeah. Season 1 was perfection. A lot of people liked 2 but I didn’t, especially Colin farrels gruff cop schtick. 3 was better but not as great as 1. I guess 4 is in the works.

There are currently total 740 Simpsons episodes.

What do you think the ratio of good/bad episodes is? Only personal hot takes please. References to IMDB rankings etc will result in an immediate roast.

2 Likes

I hemmed this one but it really holds up imo especially once I knew to look past the red herrings for the series finale.

Having said that don’t blame anyone for agreeing with you.

1 Like

Maybe just me but I signed up for the show with her staying in the suburbs. Once she left that place I felt like wtf idk if this is good but it’s not what I thought I was being pitched.

1 Like

#1 with a bullet as far as season 2.

But then it veered back to awesome in season 3.

ETA: I see Koss addressed this already.