The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

https://twitter.com/SeanYoo/status/1618737041252175875?t=LAS5RdZT5avI-6-NTbtHbA&s=19

2 Likes

Finished the first season of The Morning Show. Very good.

1 Like

She cries exactly how I would imagine her character to cry.

3 Likes

The only reality show I ever watched was the first season of Jersey Shore. It just seemed so ridiculous and over the top I wanted to see it and experience the decline of Western Civilization in real time.

Which brings me to Milf Manor. Has anybody watched it?

From the LA Times:

As Harrison, a college football player who moonlights as a male entertainer, elegantly puts it: “This is gonna be a weird experience, getting close to these guys and then going on dates with their mothers.”

Rather than shy away from the inherent ick factor, though, “MILF Manor” encourages the contestants to cross every conceivable parent-child boundary. The women and their sons do their confessional interviews together, creating cringe-inducing moments like when Joey, a baby-faced bartender, jokes that Kelle (the aforementioned O.C. mom of six), gets a lot of male attention because “her headlights are always on.” “It didn’t bother you when you were a baby sucking on ‘em,” she replies. “You were really thirsty.” Kelle is quickly emerging as the show’s star/villain because of how eagerly she embraces the premise, declaring, “Sorry ladies, I might be sleeping with your son” and aggressively flirting with Jose, a Spanish-language TV host, while his mom, fitness fanatic Pola, lounges nearby.

In the show’s first task, the women put on blindfolds, then grope the naked torsos of the young men in an attempt to determine which is their son. (In a shocking show of restraint by the producers, the women were not asked to reverse roles.) The second episode brought a challenge with even more explosive results, as the contestants were asked to read anonymously written secrets (“I had a seven-woman orgy,” “I got pink eye from eating a—.”) and try to guess which belonged to their mother or child. It’s all a bit of TMI fun until one of the women confesses to sleeping with the best friend of her son, who (understandably) freaks out.

1 Like

No, of course not, who would ever watch such a thing. Certainly not more than once.

3 Likes

I think LFS has plausible cover. He’s in the entertainment biz, IIRC. Presumably he can cook up something work-related.

This sounds both hilarious and also the worst thing I have ever read.

And I’ve read Atlas Shrugged

1 Like

Last of us

It’s trying to top GoT in terms of killing main characters.

Japanese born Korean zainichi. Many adopt Japanese names to defuse racial discrimination that unfortunately is still quite prevalent in Japan against Koreans.

Over the years Sexy has used his Japanese name in Japanese settings and Korean name in Korean settings–not at all uncommon.

1 Like

Oof.

I’m kinda glad I read Anthem. It’s like 1/10th as long and it let me know that I never need to read anything by Ayn Rand again.

2 Likes

I had a class on political ideologies. The professor chose Anthem to represent Ayn Rand “because it’s short”.

2 Likes

The proper progression is to read Ayn Rand when you’re 16-18 and think she’s a genius, and then realize how wrong you were 10 years later.

1 Like

Instead I spent three months enamored with Ben Shapiro. I could have saved so much time.

lol, I wouldn’t have guessed that

3 Likes

Milf Manor sounds pretty great

2 Likes

The proper progression is to meet someone who is an Ayn Rand evangelist and never get started reading Ayn Rand because that person immediately becomes the most punchable person you know.

1 Like

yeah that article sounds like it’s totally hyping it.

howard stern used to do a similar bit called “it’s just wrong”. but the twist here i guess is that everybody is good looking. howard would have like regular dirtbags who need the $500 prize, it was disgusting.

1 Like

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/on-television/the-motherlovers-of-milf-manor/amp

More important is the fact that “ milf Manor” is not just a May-December dating show but a May-December dating show haunted by the spectre of incest.

I mean

I think it was his first interview with Rogan. I saw a clip or two and thought this guy seems reasonable, articulate, and harmless…

I tried watching a few minutes, the “milfs” are not good looking.

One or two have had so much work done I guess they look OK for being 50-55?